Home Sweet Home: Your ideal Home

I started this character as a zookeeper out on the wilderness. She stumbled her way through finding a campsite, a cabin with a bunch of magical stuff, a few towns & finally a farm near a shore.

She made a little raft to get to a couple little islands in the distance. The lake just kept going on and on with more islands dotted throughout. It’s made for a fun change of pace.

1 Like

Although only recently have I noticed any form of large body of water(a lake). I had no idea there were any that could support islands beyond a few dotted patches of land.

Do we have oceans too?

1 Like

Well to be fair, all the “islands” are mostly 2, 3 or 4 overmap tiles in size. The only thing larger is the island prison bobbing around out there on the lake. There’s a few lighthouses, but those are just 1 overmap tile each.

The lake itself is big, but no where near an ocean. I’d estimate it’d take my character at least a few hrs to go from one end of the lake to the opposite end in the motorboat she found. I think it’s topping out around 20 mph, where her earlier raft was lucky to make 7 mph.

1 Like

Good to know. Changes are great to be on top of as much as we can learn.

Hope I can find a large enough island in deep water. Would be great to make a farm on one.

1 Like

I always have multiple characters in each world. One with a lab start, using that lab as her base (I almost always play female characters). One with an Overrun scenario, securing a military base as her base. A medieval peasant, wilderness start, usually finding a cabin in the woods.

When I have a base in town, it’s usually a craft shop, with apartments on the second floor. Nice and safe from most enemies, but easy access to town, and usually a kiln or forge on the first floor.

The main character I’m currently playing is an escaped death row inmate. Cleared out a small town (4 houses + an apartment building), and using it as her main base. But also has a luxury RV, with loads of solar power and batteries, and an electric motor, to supplement the diesel engine. Using it as a mobile base while I assault a cluster of larger cities. The major downside is its lack of storage. One of these days I want to build a hybrid heavy tractor and trailer, with a living space and loads of storage, based on a MAZ 537 or Oshkosh MKR16, with a bunch of turrets and stuff, and use that as a permanent mobile base. But I’ve never played a world long enough to get to the point of making that.

1 Like

I’ve never really considered what an ideal base would be for my playstyle, but I have two go-to bases. 1) Regular house at the corner of a giant city. Perfect base for launching exploration missions into the city and clear it tile-by-tile. 2) Ranch. It’s secluded, has lot of materials, and is already prepared for farming once the weather will allow it.

1 Like