Holding Down Directional Button

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, but here it goes:

I have been playing at home on my Mac for a little while. I love the game. The only complaint I have is that the actual movement of my character can be painfully slow (especially when exploring the wilderness). So, the other day, I finally install the game on my computer at work (a PC) and immediately notice that when I hold down a directional button, the character moves double time. This has improved gameplay enormously for me.

So my question is, for those of you on Macs, is it possible to get my character to move fast as on my PC?

Did you try holding down the movement keys on your Mac?

Yeah. The maximum speed from holding down the mvmnt key is the same as if I just tapped repeatedly.

Hmmm…

Macs are weird.

Must… not… post PC vs Mac stuff…

But seriously, if you’re looking to edit media, a Mac is a fine choice. If you want to play video games, do yourself a favor and use a PC.

If you have a Mac I wonder why you don’t have a Windows dual boot already.
Alternatively a Windows Virtual Machine should be able to deal with Cataclysm.

If you’re running the SDL version, which you may or may not I don’t know much about the mac version, you could go into your options and cut down the input delay and see if that solves anything.

I tried cutting the input delay and nothing happened.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:6, topic:4546”]If you have a Mac I wonder why you don’t have a Windows dual boot already.
Alternatively a Windows Virtual Machine should be able to deal with Cataclysm.[/quote]

I just downloaded Virtual Box but am not too sure how to use it. I guess I need to find a copy of windows somewhere to install it with the Virtual Box? I’m not the most technologically literate…

Yeah it would probably help you to find some nice illustrated guide.

I don’t really have any saved I can direct you to on a moment’s notice.