Hey newbs, what world settings do you use to cheat the apocalypse? (easy world settings)

Hey, just wanted to see how other beginners made their worlds to survive the apocalypse.
I’m not looking for people who max their diffiiculty, i want to hear how they make their worlds easier.
(plus, the most recent threads are from, what, 2015?)
i usually make the world loaded with mods that make the game easier IE removing nutrients & removing zombies (sometimes monsters entirely.)
i try to make the cities slightly larger and slightly closer but it never… really… does much.
what do you do to make the apocalypse unrea- ahem easier?

When I first started playing I used the no revival mod (or whatever its called) and had zombie speed set to something like 80%. Not much else.

1 Like

I use an ungodly amount of mods that add op stuff

1 Like

I tend to enjoy the game a little more leisurely with zombie speed set to 75-80%, and resilience to the same, just so they aren’t quite such bullet sponges. Pumping up their numbers a little can make sure that you still have some close calls that you need to stop and think about, and increases how frequently I tend to see advanced zombies, so the variety is still there.

Turned off revification to avoid having to pulp everything, and playing freeform with points obviously allows you to make a godlike person with as many perks or stats as you like, coupled with the stat boosting mods that give you points from skill levels and kills quickly pushes you to extreme heights so you can play more fast and loose.

Also realizing the power of reach weapons! My god, much of the power of guns without the hideously annoying warnings while trying to aim.

I just use defaults these days but when I was learning I would set zombie speed and resilience to 75%. I generally recommend that to newer players because it helps you while you learn which enemies are the most dangerous and such. I also started with ‘classic’ zombies or whatever (where it’s just basic zombies) but I can’t recommend that, the variety of enemies is one of the major draws of the game.

I used to also slightly increase item generation, but we’ve been getting a lot of locations with increased loot density, so that’s a bit unnecessary on current versions, imo.

And just do yourself a favor and turn off fungals. I know a lot of people play with them, but in my opinion they just make the game tedious and laggy.

2 Likes

When I started I just created a character with all the skills, good traits and superstats. Usually you don’t need much more. Once you start learning the mechanics you may want to tone down the character until you feel confortable playing with a random one.

I don’t like extreme difficulty so I doubled the amount of loot. I first tried 4 times - I saw it at another post - but so much loot was generated I did not feel the need to move much around - a lab run netted me all the junk food, water and books I needed to survive for an entire season. Turns out, there is such a thing as “too much loot”.

Also, if you’re just learning, you may want to try the cheat section. Learning all the recipes and having access to any item is boring in the long run but if you just want to know what an item does or how a mechanic works is a good choice.

You can play like Minecraft in Peaceful mode by using the ‘no monsters’ mod.

Pro tip: You can start in a town with no monsters, have a good explore of the local area, then take ‘no monsters’ out of your save file. You then have a real safe haven to start off with but monsters when you go out of the places you have already explored. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Little late, but I usually just lower zombie speed and up item spawns when I’m feeling like a fun romp instead of a grueling survival experience. Just don’t make all your worlds easy, it’ll be a net fun loss when you just overpower all opposition with ease.

I’ll occasionally debug in some MREs and/or a mess kit when I play as the military classes, too. Usually ends up biting me in the ass when I pass over other food, anyway.

Set enemy speed to 20% & resilience to 69%, and play with single point pools so I can dump most of my non-trait points into stats.