Helicopter crash scenario is too good

You get fourteen points in total when choosing it and if you choose the bionic solider profession it only brings you down to nine points. That is three more than the starting amount. I see no drawbacks when choosing this scenario and so I think it should be worth less points.

Could be the unwilling test subject profession too, as who’s to say they didn’t fly patients in FEMA camps.

Huh, that’s new.

It would make sense if they added the “surrounded start” flag to make it more of a challenge.

Or see whether adding the “surrounded by flames” option affects outdoor starts.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:3, topic:10079”]Huh, that’s new.

It would make sense if they added the “surrounded start” flag to make it more of a challenge.

Or see whether adding the “surrounded by flames” option affects outdoor starts.[/quote]

Surrounded by npcs with simple flamethrowers would be a neat challenge. :wink:

Heh. I was more thinking of using scenario flags to add more logical side effects that a rough landing would entail.

A broken leg maybe, or would that be too extreme you think?

It’s not that extreme: all it does is slows one down. Might work, but I’d prefer broken arm (one won’t be able to wield two-handed things, like rifles).

From my understanding, this scenario is also meant to spawn monsters related to crashsites (could choose from army zombies, grenadier/elite grenadier zombies, and I believe bio-operators at times). Though I can’t say such a thing would balance this at all.

I’m guessing the creator made this as part of testing their recent addition of map specials in starting scenarios?

Wouldn’t it only work right and spawn crash-site monsters if the site is allowed to spawn monsters, and last I checked the immediate area you spawn in is supposed to be enemy-free unless you add SUR_START.

So at minimum this needs SUR_START.

Well if you start with a broken limb, surrounded by fire and zombies than it may be worth the points. To me to be worth the eight extra points it have to be as difficult as the bad day scenario or harder since you can choose a cool profession.

1 Like

Maybe. I don’t think we yet have a broken limb flag, but fire and surroundedness is entirely doable.

Maybe have parameters so more then the usual number of zombies spawn near the crash, seeing as a giant metal bird trailing smoke and screaming into the ground would probably draw a good bit of attention. maybe have a small hord generate next to the spawn regardless of the hord mode setting, a helicopter crashing into the ground would prob have everything thats able to move go to that location.

Maybe. Again, SUR_START at least partially emulates this, so I’m wondering who cobbled together this start with a point BONUS but no flags whatsoever. :V

And, you know, the extremely derpy description.

You should be kinda banged up maybe a head injury from moving to a sudden stop because you slammed into the ground… Its rare to walk away from a helo crash unharmed i don"t think missing an arm a leg or maybe a crippled spine would be feasible.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:13, topic:10079”]Maybe. Again, SUR_START at least partially emulates this, so I’m wondering who cobbled together this start with a point BONUS but no flags whatsoever. :V

And, you know, the extremely derpy description.[/quote]
That would be bevapdin. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/a7dff2dbd76417eb6a8554d77e2793c7b890d1cd

Ah, hmm. o.o

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:3, topic:10079”]Huh, that’s new.

Or see whether adding the “surrounded by flames” option affects outdoor starts.[/quote]

Surrounded start near a helicopter would be impossible to deal with.
Have you ever tried dealing with even a single Zombie Grenadier? Or, god help you, an Elite Zombie Grenadier?

Now imagine being surrounded by those.

That is the entire idea of it being a challenge. :V

1 Like