Different starting spawn options? (planned feature)

I’d like the ability to spawn in a couple different location types… (original/generic) Evac Shelter, Residential, Woods/Forest, Highway, In Hospital, (maybe) In Prison, and Random seem useful or dangerous or roleplay-ish off the top of my head…

Glyph informed me on IRC that this is planned already for the future, but we can pile unique locations/scenarios here if anyone has any…Thoughts or suggestions?? :slight_smile:

Starting on the toilet, of course. The apocalypse waits for no mans bowels.

Sounds about right. “It was just another day, your breakfast wasn’t cooperating with you, you’re out of toilet paper, and now fucking zombies. Could it get worse?”

[tt]It could really be as simple as having an option where you can switch between like house, prison, evac shelter, hospital, gun store, etc.[/tt]

Helicopter crash survivor. Start damaged and in the middle of a helicopter wreck, but possibly able to get cool equipment.

Flags (8/12):
[Extremely Hard]
{Starved, Dehydrated, Most Challenging Map Tile, Worn-Out Gear, Substance_Withdrawal, Malfunctioning Bionic, Heavy Addiction, Radiated, Bottom Low Morale, Illness, Exausted, Worst Weather}

Scale down for moderate wishing.

“middle of nowhere” - generates an entire overmap with no conventional human habitation and spawns you in the middle of it.

“Offroad” - find yourself off the side of a highway, awakening in the passengers seat of a badly damaged car (but maybe, just maybe, still operational!). The driver is not nearby, but there’s a trail of blood into the woods. You are fairly heavily injured.

“What Did I Do Last Night?” - Spawn in a bar, surrounded by empty bottles and syringes.
“Breached Safehouse” - Start in a barricaded house that is on fire, infested by zombies, getting attacked by wolves, etc. Lots of supplies, but incredibly dangerous.

“Safehouse” - Start in a well boarded up house in town with decent-ish supplies, but of course there’s the horde out there, waiting.

I want the “nowhere” spawn. I wanna RP as a bow guy/woman.

[tt]I wouldn’t mind having two choices. Spawn location, where you can select from each type of location (building, tile, whatever). The other would be a scenario setup (much like The UnReal World) in which you are placed in certain starting events where you may be injured, be surrounded by a horde, etc).[/tt]

Yeah for the injured part, but nay on surrounded by a horde. I mean, that’s a pretty quick death on a beginning char for a experienced player.

Yeah for the injured part, but nay on surrounded by a horde. I mean, that’s a pretty quick death on a beginning char for a experienced player.[/quote]

[tt]Well those were just basic examples. Obvious the scenarios would be more detailed and whatnot. The being surrounded by a horde was just taken from UnReal World and altered. Where you start as a escaping slave from the Nzepet(spelling) camp. :P[/tt]

Heh, never played unreal world.

Sudden clarity moment

I’ll set city spawn to 1 or 0 and see how that plays out for my RP char.

I actually had this happen to me once I - I got the “couldn’t find a shelter!” debug message, and got dropped into a clearing, with a massive forest in each direction.

I had to wander until I found a road, found some crates and (curiously) a pool, and eventually a town. It was a very fun start, even if totally unintentional.

I actually had this happen to me once I - I got the “couldn’t find a shelter!” debug message, and got dropped into a clearing, with a massive forest in each direction.

I had to wander until I found a road, found some crates and (curiously) a pool, and eventually a town. It was a very fun start, even if totally unintentional.[/quote]

[tt]That is a glitch in the game. It happens if you set the city size too high. Personally, I make use of this glitch so that I do start randomly without an evac shelter.[/tt]

Camping: Start in the woods with a tent already placed and perhaps a fire already going if possible.

Flight Survivor: Start at a crash site, perhaps with some minor injuries.

Lost in the Dark: Spawn in a random sewer/subway tile with a dead flashlight. (Probably hard thanks to Chuds)

Coma Survivor: Wake up in a hospital with nothing but a hospital gown and whatever spawned nearby. (I imagine this would be rather difficult)

Police Suspect: Start in an unlocked jailcell with a single zombie cop on the other side of the door.

Prisoner: Similar to above but start in a prison, much harder.

Lab Rat: Start in a room in a lab with zombie scientists outside.

As you can tell I kinda favour the harder starting scenarios.

Badass: Start on fire.
Ultimate Badass: Start riding a unicycle while wearing a burning wolf suit and a top hat while being chased by a horde of weasels.
Badass?: start on a motorcycle next to an active mininuke.
What happened to my party?: Start drunk, stoned, tripping on pink pills, coke, adderal and wearing a cone on your head in the middle of a city.
FORE!: Start in a field with a golf cart, golf club, balls and bad pants.
Bad night: Start naked in bed next to a zombie at 3am.
Super guy/girl: Start with red underpants and cape in an office bathroom.
FOOLS! I WAS RIGHT!: Start at a LMOE shelter wearing cargo pants and bandana and wielding a bow.
Hmmmmmm… : Start locked in a room in a bunker with some explosives and armor.
SPARTA!: Start in a room with a spear and helmet, 1 tile wide window to the next room that has 300 zombies in it, beyond that, freedom.
The Unflinching Soldier: Start out with poor sight, hearing, feeble, on an electric wheelchair wearing an army uniform, wielding a shotgun with plenty of ammo while facing down a horde of zombies.
Horror movie: Start out in a School with a chainsaw
Soo… That just happened: Start out in the passenger seat of a car doing 100 with a zombie in the driver seat.
What could go wrong?: Start out next to a pristine APC.
Basement D&D nerd VS the world: Start dressed in scrap armor wielding a wooden sword in a basement.
Sorry about this buddy: Start starving and armed with a hatchet next to an NPC in the shelter.

I er, I think I like hyena’s better.