Healing Methods?

It was a bit weird for me too to been able to / have to now use disinfectant on non-infected wounds…

It’s your choise really… If you want to take a look at the background calculations, go check out the wiki, but in short:
For the autodoc you’ll need first aid, computers and electronics skills, and for manual installation (if you have the mod active) it’s electronics, first aid, and mechanics.
You’ll make use of them in that order. You’ll also profit from high intelligence.

Uninstallation uses the same skills in the same order.
If you fail the uninstallation, there’s also a formula to define how hard you failed. Since it’s not on the wiki, here is my (maybe wrong) extract from the game files:

Fail = (Chance of Success - Random(1, 100)) * -1
Level of Failure = min(5, sqrt(Fail * 4 * Base_Difficulty / Adjusted Skill))
Level of Failure < 0 → Success,
Level of Failure < 1 → Nothing happens,
Level of Failure < 2 → Pain,
Level of Failure < 4 → Little Damage,
Level of Failure > 4 → High Damage (random value between 30 and 80)

“Base_Difficulty” is Bionic specific and must be checked in the bionics.json file inside of the data/json/items folder of your game.
“Chance of Success” is the % value shown in the install menu, subtracted from 100.
“Adjusted Skill” is, as written in the wiki (for the autodoc… if you use the manual installation mod, use the skills mentioned above instead);

Skill = Intelligence * 4 + first aid * 4 + computers * 3 + electronics
Adjusted Skill = Skill - min(40, Skill - Skill / 10)

So yeah, to make it safe, it needs mid- to lategame values. But if you want to gamble… As long as you got a base health over 80 and you’re fully healed up, you shouldn’t die (as a prototype cyborg, it’s probably not a good idea to play that risk, as some preinstalled (failed) cbms can cause damage over time)… I can’t guarantee it though.

Edit 30.11.2019: For those who don’t like to calculate if they run a risk of dealing high damage to themself: Just stay below 29% “FAILURE CHANCE” at an autodoc and you’ll should be fine (however, be aware of possible calculation errors and changes to the game).