Have you played as yourself?

[quote=“Forrest, post:20, topic:7434”]And I guessed Sniper would be the closest thing to a teen Rambo there is…[/quote]Short of dual-wielding M60’s on the field, I probably am.

In reality, I gave chargen practically unlimited points so I could be as accurate with myself as I possibly can.

Naw BadSniper, I think you’re the sexyest man alive.

And I would never play as myself in Cata.

Because 1 out of 1000 I would most likely die.

I played as myself, including acting how I would in real life and not just based on gameplay mechanics. Instead of fighting zombies, I ran like I probably would in real life, only fighting if I got cornered or whatever. I ended up surviving a bit longer than I expected. On day 3, I came across a pharmacy though, and since I’m playing myself, I ended up doing drugs nonstop, then I found heroin and between the opiate withdrawal and speed withdrawal I was pretty much in no state to fight anything. So I was hungry and tried fishing, then a zombear came and mauled me.

after few gameplays as me in missing scenario my best was when i escaped town (with red ; on all body patrts) only to be handcuffed by riot bot and then a wild zombear apeared

New to the forums but not to the game, just like to add thanks devs for all the work put into this little gem. :slight_smile:

Well thought i’d post here first to inflate my own ego.

STR 7
DEX 8
INT 12
PER 7

(12 is far to high imo but I had points to burn and I’d go all OCD if I didn’t spend them.)

Traits:

Quick
Outdoorsman
Light Step
Acomplished Sleeper
Robust Genetics (This is a min max choice, I admit it freely)
Inconspicuous
Pacifist
Slow Healer

Profession: Chain Smoker.

No Starting Skills.

It’s been quite fun, certainly harder then my usual base 10 stats build, I’ve learnt that much like real life I’d probably fair badly in the post apocalypse, had some good runs though. I try to rp my build too (I don’t see myself as a tailor so rather then the usual tear down curtains make a trenchcoat bacpack etc. startup from evac I run to town, meet zombies and run around like a scared rabbit.)

Been fun reading other peoples builds too :slight_smile:

I’ve had hip surgery which I’d translate into Bad Knees and Slow Runner.

So the answer is no. Lol.

I actually have an “alter ego” character preset saved, but that’s with default points. If I gave myself infinite points…

[spoiler=I guess it’d look like this]
STATS:
Strength: 7. Ahahaha. No. Upper body strength is really not my strong suit, unless I’m under serious pressure or I’m extremely angry at something.
Dexterity: 9. I’m kinda torn on this. I’m a little bit clumsy with my hands (underdeveloped muscles, gives me poor handwriting among other things), but with the rest of my body I’m really light on my feet.
Intelligence: 11. Not because I’m extremely smart but because I pick up on skills quite quickly, and I love to read.
Perception: 7. I wear glasses, and though my eyesight is perfectly fine when I’m wearing those, I don’t quickly pick up on the subtler things in my surroundings.

TRAITS:
POSITIVE:

Disease Resistant. Even without taking many precautions, I rarely get sick even when people around me are coughing and blowing their noses. I eat very healthy, so that might be it.

Fast Learner. I can pick up on practical skills very quickly. I’ve been described as a Renaissance man.

Fast Reader. Yup. Love me a good book, and even though I read them faster than average, I’m also able to look into them a little more deeply than other people.

High Adrenaline. It’s only come into effect once or twice in my life, but it’s incredible when it happens. I always feel debilitated afterward, though, so maybe this isn’t as good as it seems.

Inconspicuous. I’m pretty good at blending into both crowds and backgrounds when I don’t want to be seen. It helps that I have a pretty average face and body shape.

Light Eater. I’m skinny as a twig, and at restaurants I often find myself full after eating a bowl of soup, even before my main course comes.

Light Step. I can be pretty sneaky when I want to.

Optimist. I consider myself one. I don’t spend much time dwelling on bad things that I can’t change, and I honestly do enjoy the little things in life more than most people seem to.

Parkour Expert. Obviously I’m not an “expert”, but the spirit of the trait is there: I’m very good at vaulting, jumping, sliding, and other freerunning moves.

Skilled Liar. I’ve had a lot of experience with acting, and sometimes my friends can’t tell when I’m pulling their leg until I admit it.

Strong Back. I have problems with lifting things, but once they’re actually on my back or in my arms, I can hold onto them with little trouble, mostly through sheer willpower.

Weak Scent. I just don’t sweat very much, and I smell more distinctive after I take a shower than before.

NEGATIVE:

Disorganized. Oh dear god I’m awful at folding and packing, and I lose things all of the time.

Forgetful. Not a big deal in-game as I turn Skill Rust off, but in real life I’ve got awful short-term memory, especially when it comes to facts and data. Not so much with skills, but eh.

Flimsy and Glass Jaw. I’m not a tough guy, no sir. I don’t get in fights, but I can imagine how it would go if I ever did. Hell, I almost pass out when I get pricked with a needle for blood testing.

Insomniac. It’s quite hard for me to fall asleep, but I’m not sure if that’s actually a problem with me or the fact that I’m on a computer right up until I get in bed so my brain is still spinning with information.

Near-Sighted. I wear glasses for it.

Poor Hearing. Especially if I’m concentrating on something else.

Weak Stomach. Never consumed alcohol so I dunno if I can hold that well, but I get seasick pretty easily and on the few occasions I do come down with an illness, I’m driving the ol’ porcelain school bus on and off for the better part of the afternoon.

PROFESSION: Student. I’m a senior in high school. It’s alright.

SKILLS: In-game you can’t set things to (1) but whatever

Computers (1): While I’m by no means experienced at hacking or coding, I know the basics of digging through files, installing mods for games, and other simple stuff that the average person may have trouble with.

Dodging (4): I’m very good at split-second movement of my body, just on natural reflexes, years of avoiding assholes swinging punches at me in school, and by virtue of having a very slender and light frame. I’m really good at dodgeball and being a goalie in soccer (interesting because for the latter one you have to be able to dodge INTO the ball…)

Fabrication (2): I can get creative with materials, and I’ve jury-rigged a couple of things back together in my time. Plus I’ve played enough games like Cataclysm that I know what kind of stuff is useful to make and roughly how to make it.

Piercing Weapons (1): I like knives. Like, a lot. Like, worrying-my-family levels. So I’ve looked up a lot of information on martial-arts knife fighting, though I haven’t done any practice with it myself. Still, at least I know the basic concepts, if not the practical application.

Speaking (3): I’m extremely socially awkward. The thing is, I’ve got a lot of experience with acting, so I can often PRETEND that I’m not extremely socially awkward, and if I spend some time trying to think up a good argument, lie, or speech, it usually goes over very well.

Survival (1): Everything I know about survival comes from video games and books. Not exactly Eagle-scout levels of knowledge, but I feel like if I was stuck in a survival situation I would be able to adapt and figure things out decently well.

Swimming (3): Michael Phelps I am not, but I’m very good at endurance swimming, even when weighed down, and I’m almost as nimble underwater as I am on land.[/spoiler]

So would I do well?

Eh, probably. I’m gonna give myself extra character points and make this, see how it goes actually.

Hm, debating whether or not to do an infinite point round because I was playing by the rules…

Haha, but jokes aside I guess I would go:

Strenght: 4 haha ha… ha, ouch.
Dexterity: 9 dunno. I guess that if you define dexterity as the ability to use your hands skillfully, being able to draw semi decently makes me better than average.
Intelligence: 8 who’s more intelligent than average? not me certainly.
Perception: 11 well I do think I have a good pair of eyes.

Traits

Pretty, yep.
Light step, I would say that having 4 strength comes with some benefits.
Fast reader, I do like reading.
Lightweight, 4 strenght anyone?i
Truth teller, I can’t tell a single lie if i’m talking face to face.
Theres no “cant smell a thing” trait in game, but if there were, I should take that one too.

Profession would be student.
No Idea on skills.

Sigging this out of context.

Hooooo this looks Fun ^-^

Stats
Strength:7= really kinda do some things too keep miself in shape…somtimes
Dexterity:10=Gym helps and aswell being Flexibel wille doing things
Intelligence:7=Not that im saying im stupid but im not that Intelligent really
Perception:9=I feel like i have Binoculers in mi eyes somtimes

Traits:

Good
Eagle eyed=Having good perseption helps and go take checks up kinda alot for mi eyes
Good Memory=I might be not the smartes but i have a good memory
Less sleep=I really dont sleep much really
Light step=I am Kinda Light so yea
Light eater=I kinda dont eat much neather but im not Under weight eather

Bad
Bad Teamper=Im Kinda Grumpy most of the time really but have Control over it
High Thirst=I drink…alote
Lightweight=I cant drink Beer anything…I get drunk in 2 drinks
Triger happy=…paint ball games…I go all Pew pew and never stop pulling the triger

Profesion
Baseball player=Well there is no paintball one so i kinda play baseball in mi free time with buds

Skills
Driving 2=I drive…do i need too explain?
Swiming 2=Being in a deep pool all the time in Summer or in the beach
Computer 2=I kinda Know somthing of complex…and being on it most of the time
Archery 1=I had a Crossbow but broke
Survival 3=Seeing too much survival Chanels and aswell camping alot in summer

I have to say, I might just play as myself full time, I survived no sweat. But then again if the z apocalypse really struck I doubt i would be in full combat gear with a weapon. Not to be full of myself but I should be added.

STR 9 I did enough push ups, i better above average
DEX 7
INT 11 I skated in school and got A’s and B’s while never studying so i assume im mildly intelligent.
PER 7

Fast Reader, Gourmand, Robust Genetics, Disease Resistant, , Fast Metabolism

Me (my character) is a military recruit because they didn’t have airborne ranger ( Devs get on that.)

Starts with lvl 3 survival, and lvl 2 first aid. 5 rifles 3 throwing 2 pistols

Yeah … so aside from blowing away everything in sight. I can’t really do too much without a metric ton of books. Bows are out, I start with no other skills then combat, and I need to explore rather quickly to sate my appetite.

Surviving is easy as along as you can find ammunition, It’s a pain because when you have loot up to default it’s way to easy. So I always lower it so the games fun again.

…How do you even tell if you have Robust Genetics in real life?

I took it because without it, I would have 2 spare points >.>

Take a bath in radioactive waste. If you turn into a hyper-intelligent cat-person, you have probably robust genetics. If you turn into a mindless puddle, you probably don’t.

Take a bath in radioactive waste. If you turn into a hyper-intelligent cat-person, you have probably robust genetics. If you turn into a mindless puddle, you probably don’t.[/quote]

I did that. I now have cancer. Tests were inconclusive :frowning:

Take a bath in radioactive waste. If you turn into a hyper-intelligent cat-person, you have probably robust genetics. If you turn into a mindless puddle, you probably don’t.[/quote]

I did that. I now have cancer. Tests were inconclusive :([/quote]

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Nope no point tbh

I would last 5 mins with my bad traits I would have to take :frowning:

This looks fun…

STR: 6 (I don’t really do much stuff)
DXT: 7
INT: 10 (I dunno why, I always thought I was a wee above average…)
PER: 9 (Twitch reflexes when gaming? Eh…)

Fast Learner, Fast Reader, Light Eater, Substance Tolerance, Gourmand

Far-sighted, Forgetful, Bad Knees, Bad Temper, Insomniac, Poor Hearing

Student

Cooking +1
Fabrication +1 (Arts and Crafts are kinda part of my course)
Marksmanship +2 (ROTC and stuff, even though I never attended much and all I did was dry-firing)
Throwing +1
Handguns +3
Rifles +1

I figured I’ll finally do this using the default settings for points, which is a lot lower than I usually play XD Explanations behind the spoilers.

STRANTH: 8
DEX: 7
INT: 10
PER: 9

Positive Traits:
Packmule

Because according to CDDA, being willing to kill zombified children or those who are trying to kill you without being suicidally depressed afterward makes you a psychopath

Strong Stomach
Tough

Negative Traits:
Clumsy
Forgetful
Hates Vegetables
Lactose Intolerance

I added the M2 Browning to the game you know?

Ugly

Profession: Because it fits more than “Survivor” or “Backpacker” because it’s as close as I can get to the built in professions to what I’d have if I was ordered to evac /now/ short of grabbing my phone and backpack (Which as a result will include my tablet, boxcutter, lighter, winter gloves, ski-mask, and a two-liter of diet pepsi.) so unless an “Ekarus Nightstocker” profession appears, this’ll do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Skills:

Need I explain?

I can make more than just pizza with pizza ingredients. I can give you a lasagna, I can give you rolls, I can make bloody pizza rolls from scratch… Pizza.

I have a degree of First-Aid knowledge and experience

Trained by my father, an experienced Soldier

Trained by professional boxer with a Golden Gloves award, I apparently have a mean uppercut. XD

Time to see how long I can survive this crap. XD