Have you played as yourself?

I just have to ask… have you ever played as yourself? My ‘me’ character is probably the least suited to a zombie apocalypse ever … but so fun to play too (for me, at least)

STR 7
DEX 7
INT 12
PER 7

Fast Reader, Gourmand, Robust Genetics, Disease Resistant, Clumsy, Near-Sighted, Fast Metabolism

Computer Hacker (Because computer programmer isn’t there)

Starts with lvl 3 survival, and lvl 2 first aid.

Yeah … so aside from reading books at the speed of light, I can’t really do too much. Bows are out, I start with no combat skills, and I need to explore rather quickly to sate my massive appetite. I think I have finally managed to get the early-game survival rate above 50%

Have you played as yourself? And how suited are you to survival in the zombie apocalypse?

I have played as myself several times. Died once, survived the initial problems five times.

Student profession, most stats below average, slew of negative traits to represent my disability.

I might try this.

What’s the “average” for attributes? 8?
For skills? Is a 10 supposed to be master level?

yes, 8 is average, 14 is world champion. so more than 14 is superhuman…

i think i’d be a survivor proffesion.
stats:

traits:
animal empathy
night vision
gourmand
lightweight
heavy sleeper

skills
computers (3)
cooking (2)
driving (2)
electronics (3)
swimming (2)
survival (2)
fabrication (2)

gotta play that sometime

All right, let’s see (I gave myself basically unlimited points to work with since this is an RP build)

Attributes:
STR: 11 (I’m 6’ 2’’ for 200 pounds)
DEX: 6 (Bit clumsy)
INT: 10 (I don’t really know how to compare myself to a nebulous average on this stat)
PER: 7 (I have 8/10 vision, not bad enough to require glasses in-game I think)

Traits - Good:
Disease resistant and Infection resistant (I have not gotten ill in the last 5 or 6 years. Not beyond a two day cough at least)
Fast reader
Pain resistant (From the few times I have been injured to a somewhat serious degree, it did not impair me)
Psychopath (Assuming I survived the first few hours, I strongly doubt I’d care that I re-killed a kid)
Robust genetics (Thanks, ancestors!)
Substance tolerance (I find that I can drink more liquor than my friends)
Tough (Again, I’ve taken quite a bit of punishment the few times I’ve been injured and it didn’t do much in the short term)

Traits - Bad:
Bad temper (I’m a pessimist)
Clumsy
Heavy sleeper (Once I’ve been sleeping for a while, nothing wakes me up)
Lactose intolerance (I can handle derivates well, so for example I can eat cheese no problem, so I don’t know if I should keep this. Simple liquid milk does a number on my stomach though)
Slow runner

Profession
Just going with survivor. None of the professions really fit me.

Skills
Computers - 4 (I could probably put this a bit higher)
Driving - 6
Handguns and Rifles - 2 (Because I can’t set it to 1, I thought we had a firearms category but I guess not)
Melee - 2 (Did a bit of historical swordfighting and boxing)

I have indeed, it actually didnt go TOO horrible

str - 9
dex - 8
int - 10
per - 9

Chain Smoker profession (addicted…sigh…)

Perks - Animal Empathy (I love animals and they love me)
Light Eater (I really dont eat that much and I do just fine)

Cons - Bad Back (I have a bad back…)
Insomnia - (I have insomnia…)

Skills -
unarmed
survival

or something close to that, it’s been a while but im pretty sure its close to that-ish

str 8
dex 10
int 10
per 7

traits:
disease resistant (The last sickness I had was scarlet fever… 12 years ago).
pain resistant
masochist (only if it is not annoyingly placed or a headache)
fast reader
substance tolerance (less helpful when you realize this during surgery)

bad traits:
hungry
thirsty (damn headaches)
slow runner
clumsy
near sighted

profession:
student

skills:
computers 3
archery 1
marksmanship 1
cutting weapons 2 (I practice a bit with my swords)
piercing weapons 3 (fencing ftw)
cooking 2

Yeah, I may dig out the KA101 saved template in a bit.

FWIW 16-18 is probably closer to world champion. 20 is the cap at chargen. 14 is where it starts charging you double, so I consider it the point where you’re definitely Good at it, and further improvement requires you to be working that stat full-time. An Olympic powerlifter might have 15-18 ST, but then she or he is spending most all of xyr day in the gym or otherwise training, etc and loses out on other life activities.

I just have to ask... have you ever played as yourself?

Nah. There’s not enough points in character gen and it would be cheating to give myself more.

yeah.
I died.
Repeatedly.

Addictive Personality
Bad Back
Fast Learner
Gourmand
Heavy Sleeper
Infection Resistant
Night Vision
Psychopath
Robust Genetics
Sleepy
Slow Runner
Strong Scent
Strong Stomach
Ugly

First Aid,
Driving,
Cooking,
Mechanics,
and
Electronics.

I chose to be a cyber-junkie, because lets face it, i would totally install a tool-set into my hands just for the sake of it.

[quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:7434”]Yeah, I may dig out the KA101 saved template in a bit.

FWIW 16-18 is probably closer to world champion. 20 is the cap at chargen. 14 is where it starts charging you double, so I consider it the point where you’re definitely Good at it, and further improvement requires you to be working that stat full-time. An Olympic powerlifter might have 15-18 ST, but then she or he is spending most all of xyr day in the gym or otherwise training, etc and loses out on other life activities.[/quote]

well, if so, you need to change the docs/balance.txt
since in there it says:

Stat system scaling:
Minimum stat: 0 (should only happen due to penalties, instant failure in most scenarios)
Nominal stat: 8 (“average” person)
Very high stat: 14 (realistic world class human, maximum cost-effective in chargen)
Maximal stat: 20 (higher may be achievable, but we’re not worried about balancing at that point.)

[quote=“jcd, post:11, topic:7434”][quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:7434”]Yeah, I may dig out the KA101 saved template in a bit.

FWIW 16-18 is probably closer to world champion. 20 is the cap at chargen. 14 is where it starts charging you double, so I consider it the point where you’re definitely Good at it, and further improvement requires you to be working that stat full-time. An Olympic powerlifter might have 15-18 ST, but then she or he is spending most all of xyr day in the gym or otherwise training, etc and loses out on other life activities.[/quote]

since in there it says:

Stat system scaling:
Minimum stat: 0 (should only happen due to penalties, instant failure in most scenarios)
Very high stat: 14 (realistic world class human, maximum cost-effective in chargen)
Maximal stat: 20 (higher may be achievable, but we’re not worried about balancing at that point.)[/quote]

I’m the one who wrote that description for 14, thanks. World class != world champ.

i misunderstood it then. well shit happens. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“jcd, post:11, topic:7434”][quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:7434”]Yeah, I may dig out the KA101 saved template in a bit.

since in there it says:

Stat system scaling:
Maximal stat: 20 (higher may be achievable, but we’re not worried about balancing at that point.)[/quote]

I always operated on D&D logic, where 10 is average,
8 was bellow average, what someone who never developed that particular aspect to themselves would have,
and lower would be from genetics screwing you over, or injury, etc.

This is me, in nice, easy-to-read format.

ATTRIBUTES

(I’m a man. Not a particularly athletic one, but I am gifted with slightly above average strength.)

(I’ve always had a sort of knack for hitting things spot on, whether it’s hammers to nails, or tennis balls to the other end of the court.)

(I performed rather well in school.)

(I actually pick up on small details rather easily, but I’m also near-sighted, so I suffer a slight disadvantage here.)

POSITIVE TRAITS

(When I read, I don’t screw around.)

(My powers of memorization are quite formidable. I’ve memorized entire movies before, reciting all the lines before the characters even spoke them.)

(I don’t like being the center of attention. I’ve spent most of my life learning how to go unnoticed.)

(It isn’t that I can’t eat much. I love food. But I recently discovered that I can go pretty much the entire day on one sandwich and it doesn’t really bother me.)

NEGATIVE TRAITS

(Losing my glasses has never really been an issue. Then again, I’ve never gone through the cataclysm before.)

(Good food is the only food.)

(It takes me an absurd amount of time to fall asleep. It’s annoying.)

SKILLS

(I spent time firing a bow back when I was in boy scouts. I got rather good at it.)

(I’ve been using computers since I was a kid. I’m savvy enough to learn most programs, and can solve most problems with a bit of tinkering.)

(I can make some simple dishes, and know how to avoid burning things.)

(I know how to drive.)

(I have some skill at hitting things from a distance, regardless of the method.)

(I love water. It is most definitely my element.)

And after all that, I realize how incredibly overpowered I am. I might actually have the potential to survive the cataclysm!

STR 8 - is avarenge nothing much
DEX 9 - i do not have problems with manual actions
INT 9 - when shool send me to psychologist because i am too polite and alslo she given me iq test i was abowe awarenge alslo in shool i never had problems
PER 9 - i never had problems with eyes even i can see far things without problems

[spoiler=TRIATS]
GOOD
strong stomah - shops in my town often place some edible stuff what will spoil soon like yogurt even if they are spoiled now just add some suggar/salt (depends what it is) and its edible
night vison - during night i just need to wait little time and i see clear in darkness actualy is more of a skill than better eyes
fast learner - it learn faster than others only german launage is unlearnable for me

BAD
disorganized
forgetfull - if i do not use someting in my everyday life i can quickly forget it
heavy sleeper - i can sleep even in noisy evoriment just i need to be in dark place
lightweight
pacifist - it will be hard for me to kill something
slow runner - actualy i can run realy fast but only on short distances (40 meters maybe 100 if i am well rested)
truth teller - teling a lie is hard for me even if i can do it i have remorse for doing it[/spoiler]

PROFESION
nothing special, student

archery - 2 - i was firing my bow from hazzlenut tree and arrows created from reed
computers - 3 - i am working with computers since 2007 i know how to use it alslo i learning towards IT technican
dodging - 4 - in two fires i was realy good at dodging some pepole will run like pepole in holywood films running from a car (they run staright instead of dodging left or right) even if someone is running left and right guy what is throwing will lead to hit mobile target i just wait until ball will be in air before dodge i allways end as a last man standing
driving - 2 - bicycle is easy for me even i got bicycle card
first aid - 3 - training course about first aid learned me how to use firs aid kit and things what are inside it
marksmanship - 2 - i can hit things at distance with any means
speaking - 3 - life is easier if you can manipulate pepole if you need help and when someone is angry at you
survival - 2 - i know what mushroom is safe to eat alslo i know few tips what can help find civilization and stay alive in woods

Forrest

Stats

Str: 9 (Slightly above average for my age due to height and growth?)
Dex: 9 (Always been rather coordinated)
Int: 11 (No problems in school, usually one of the smartest in class)
Per: 8 (Average, I do always look over small details easily)

Positive Traits

Quick: Very long limbs have made me rather fast compared to others.
Pain Resistant: Broken bones have gone unnoticed before.
Optimist: First word usually used to describe me by people I know.

Negatives

Insomniac: I don’t sleep, I Skype or stare at the ceiling.
Disorganized: Have always lost things, which is why I own so many backpacks and cabinets/boxes.
Clumsy: Prone to tripping and being loud.
Truth Teller: I sorta mumble and repeat things while lying.
Jittery: Not good with stress.

Profession

Backpacker: This is what I wear all the time anyways, if you add a leather jacket/hoodie.

Skills

Dodging 1: Often that guy who dances around people trying to hit him with something.
Cooking 1: I sorta dabble, I could do most/all of the cooking 1 required items.
Cutting Weapons: I own a lotta knives, and have been able to learn a few tricks with 'em.
Marksmanship 1: Gun nut friends and shooting ranges have taught me that I’m a decent shot.
First Aid 1: Took a few classes, read a buncha books, I am only putting it up to 1 for a reason.

Ooh, this is fun.

Stats

Str 12 - I’m 6’5", 280 lbs. and I lift weights. I’m a big fella.
Dex 7 - I ain’t particularly flexible, so I would put myself as a 6, but I’ve got pretty decent manual dexterity.
Int 12 - I know things. I read books, dangit! I got a degree an’ everything.
Per 9 - I got me that Lasik a few years back, so I think my vision is slightly above average.

Positive Traits

Animal Empathy - I’m a friend to man and beast! Also, I’ve had exes get mad at me because their pets liked me more than them.
Disease Resistant - I don’t get sick that often, and when I do, I get better pretty quick-like.
Fast Learner - I’m a quick study, generally speaking.
Gourmand - Man, I love to eat EVERYTHING. Part of the reason that I’m 280 lbs.
Optimist - I’m like optimist prime up in here. I’m always in a good mood.
Pain Resistant - When I broke my knee last year, I was just pretty sure it was sprained. When the x-rays came back, the doctor said "I can’t believe you’re not screaming right now."
Pretty - People like me a lot, and I’m fairly attractive, in a slightly squishy and bear-like sort of way.

Negative Traits

Addictive Personality - I have this problem where if I have something, I will consume it in a short period of time. I have to be careful not to buy too much of any snack food or booze at one time, or I’ll just go to town and probably post something ridiculous on the internet. Last time it was drunken renditions of Disney songs that I put up on SoundCloud. Come to think of it, I still really like that project…
Heavy Sleeper - Yes, I’ve slept through earthquakes before. Although sleeping through the alarm is more of a pressing issue.
Insomniac - It just turned 4am here. I should really be asleep right now.

Skills

Computers 1 - I know some extremely basic stuff. Also, some BASIC stuff. GOTO 10.
Cooking 4 - I loves me some eating, and so I loves me some cooking of delicious eatables.
Driving 2 - I’m pretty alright at it.
First Aid 3 - Years of Boy Scouts and the Marines taught me the basics. Also my dad’s a doctor and my mom’s a nurse. You kinda pick up some stuff around the dinner table as a kid.
Speaking 5 - I’m fortunate to be blessed with the gift of gab, and I love doing standup and improv. I’m also pretty okay at singing!
Survival 3 - Again, Boy Scouts and the Marines. Also, Outward Bound. I love camping.
Marksmanship 3 - I qualified “expert” in boot camp. I missed being platoon high shooter by 2 points, after I had to make a correction that I knew was incorrect because the instructor who told me to do it was hovering over me. I found out later that he bet a case of beer on someone else winning platoon high shooter. It cost me an instant promotion and potentially thousands of dollars in eventual pay. Not that I am bitter.
Unarmed Combat 2 - I know a few tricks from boot camp, and I’ve got a heavy bag in the basement that I use from time to time.

So that’s me! Man, it kinda seems a little cheaty, but I was trying to be honest.

This might be interesting. I just downloaded the latest experimental solely for this purpose.

Strength: 9. I deliver a weak punch and can’t lift with my arms much, but I can carry lots of gear for miles.
Dexterity: 8. Kinda clumsy, but I always pick myself up. Also a result of dodging through crowds in the hallways.
Intelligence: 10. I’m pretty good in school, and I’m decent at various types of problem-solving and managing stuff.
Perception: 8. I’m near-sighted with an astigmatism, but I can spot some things from a fair distance if I have my glasses.

Deft: I frequently practice with a rubber training knife I have. I’ve learned how to pick myself up.
Fast Reader: I guess books are my thing.
Gourmand: The trait’s in-game description should be explanation enough.
Inconspicuous: I’m pretty good at avoiding being the center of attention. Not that people pay much attention to me, anyways.
Light Step: Probably one of the few people in my age group that actually picks my feet up when I walk. I don’t like making that shhk shhk sound while I’m walking.
Outdoorsman: Boy Scouts. 'Nuff said.
Pack Mule: GOD I love pockets.
Pain Resistant: I can ignore small amounts of pain for a while. Running pains are a mere annoyance for me.
Parkour Expert: Am I the only one here that vaults over shit whenever I possibly can?
Self-Aware: I can tell pretty quickly what’s wrong with me if I sense pain.
Tough: People tell me I look pretty strong. I can take a beating, too.

Addictive Personality: GOD I hate snack addictions.
Heavy Sleeper: Good luck waking me up or getting my ass out of bed.
Insomniac: Of course, good luck getting me to sleep first.
Mood Swings: Sometimes I feel on top of the world. Sometimes I feel super depressed. All the time it’s totally random.
Near-Sighted: Plus a frickin’ astigmatism. !!FUN!!
Ugly: As evidenced by most people’s reactions towards me, especially by most girls whom I’ve tried to ask out before.

Cooking: 2. Boy Scouts and Home Economics class at high school helps a lot.
Cutting/Piercing Weapons: 2. As mentioned before, I regularly practice with a rubber knife.
Dodging: 2. Crowded high school hallways kinda helped with this.
Driving: 1. Driver’s Education FTW.
Fabrication: 1. I enjoy tinkering with random crap and seeing what I could come up with.
First Aid: 3. Again, Boy Scouts. Also injured myself and helped others with their injuries enough times to know what I’m doing.
Handguns: 1. Mostly from using airsoft pistols for shooting empty soda cans, and the one time I shot a (real) revolver.
Marksmanship: 4. Between hunting, sporting clays, and airsoft, I feel pretty confident in ranged combat.
Mechanics: 1. Shop classes help.
Melee: 2. Practice makes perfect.
Rifles: 2. I hunt and go airsofting from time to time. Kinda helps being able to shoot straight.
Shotguns: 3. Trap shooting is simple, sporting clays is fun. Not that shotguns need any special skills in the first place, but hey, every little bit counts.
Survival: 2. Spending the night in a hand-built shelter for a merit badge requirement isn’t fun, but it certainly helped.
Swimming: 1. I can float on my back and swim, but that’s really about it. You want me to dive underwater? Screw that, find some other poor bastard. (obviously, this is gonna have to change once I enlist)
Throwing: 1. Rocks, tennis balls, volleyballs… I can throw it, but not very far or very accurately.

I’m torn. I’m tempted to pick Military Recruit (I have plans on joining the United States Marine Corps after I graduate), but I’d still be a Student if the Cataclysm hit right now (I’m currently a sophomore in high school).

God, I feel overpowered…

I would’ve added more, but I couldn’t get enough points XD
And I guessed Sniper would be the closest thing to a teen Rambo there is…