Hallucinations & Explosions of vehicles

Ok, it’s time.

1. Hallucinations should be a way more weird than now.
    First - some of them should hurt you as like real (you attack yourself) one.
    Second - some of them MUST confuse you. Just for an example: you have a crowd of Z’s after you and suddenly got hallucination attack. And… you suddenly move on a place where a Z was. Moreover - you become to see from his eyes and you see that Z is you, while your old “you” become Z as well.
    Third - in many cases a man under hallucinations can’t control himself, so, we should make the same. I think you will not just stand, when Z runs after and you have a gun. You’ll try to shoot the Z.
    Fourth - just making the background messy isn’t enough. The background must become something real. For example - you stay in your bunker and suddenly got a hall. attack. And you see - your house seems like a… CHURCH. Moreover - you see Z crowd in this church. Mix that all with hard control and it will create awesomeness.

After all: a man with strong hallucinations eventually kill himself or other else.

1. Explosion of vehicles.
    There’s no need of explanation of this. I can’t get why vehicles don’t explode at all. Moreover - vehicles can resist a lot of mininukes exploded right inside of them and remain able to drive.

2. TNT, Remote, sabotage
    It would be great if you add some kind of TNT and remote explosives. TNT means you can control force of explosion. In example - you can just put a block of TNT of size 15x15 to explode a region or just 2x2 to explode a room. Actually, there’s no way to explode a thing with no attention. But imagine a situation: you’re a badass and you just entered in a lab. to loot it. You have a lot of explosives with you. You kill everything in your way and loot every room you visit. In the center of every sector you visit you put a block of TNT of 4x4 size (16 kg?) and continue. You avoid sectors with TNT installed and after you made all the work you reach a ladder to the ground, take your remote control and click the button. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. A lot of screams coming outside and crash sound almost made you deaf. You laugh and goes up. Oh, dammit, so nice. Well, that’s just a badassery, but there’re a lot of other uses too. Just for example: a crowd of Z of all kinds is running after you, but you know that you put a lot of TNT in that nice house. You come inside and make the crowd able to come inside too. As they had went inside you close all the doors you see and evacuate from the building. Remote detonation and a hundred of frags have just been got.

-1. Explosives should be much more powerful, than now.

You are remarkably insistent, but unfortunately the idea of hallucinations damaging you has already been discussed, and the answer was no. I’ll just let their explanation stand by itself:

[quote=“KA101, post:18, topic:4865”]Two problems I’m seeing here.

a) No clear way for the player to know “you are now leaving the previous game-reality”. At least with the Tome Of Eternal Darkness they had to affirmatively read it–still not ideal, but a clear interaction event. Sticking people with this for just grabbing something seems way too harsh. (How else are you going to interact with it? no item-examine whilst it’s on the ground, IIRC.)

Making folks afraid to touch things for fear that they’ll get permanently Screwed–I’ve not seen anything in either of these threads about ways to cure the problem–discourages experimentation. Bad Thing, IMO. If dropping the idol or the Tome lets the penalty-state time out, then I might think about it.

b) Hallucinations are fake and should stay that way. When one’s weapon stuck in them, we considered that a bug. Likewise there’ve been times when hallucinatory critters did do real damage. Bug also. Pretty confident we cured the problem where hallucinations could interact with terrain. There’s a long tradition of “hallucinations can’t affect reality” in Cata.

I’d rather not have to check bug reports for whether or not someone entered this penalty-state, especially when people might not know how or why they did so.

Cultist tip 116 seems relevant here.[/quote]

So, straight up damage is probably out. Being unable to control your actions is probably out too, the devs have said they try to avoid situations like that. Perspective shifts to other zombies sounds pretty unrealistic even for the strangest of hallucinations. Switching environments? Maybe, it’s up to the devs on whether that’s easily implementable

Vehicles exploding? Maybe vehicles could be a bit less explosion-resistant, I haven’t tested it out. But in real life vehicles generally don’t blow up after crashing, and implementing movie-style fireballs would be simply unrealistic.

TNT and remote explosives? Could be a good idea, but setting it up underground might cause issues with the reality bubble. Still, don’t see anything inherently wrong with that idea, at least.

Vehicles exploding? Maybe vehicles could be a bit less explosion-resistant, I haven't tested it out. But in real life vehicles generally don't blow up after crashing, and implementing movie-style fireballs would be simply unrealistic.

I assume it should depend from amount of fuel inside and material of car’s inner stuff.

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:3, topic:5222”]

Vehicles exploding? Maybe vehicles could be a bit less explosion-resistant, I haven’t tested it out. But in real life vehicles generally don’t blow up after crashing, and implementing movie-style fireballs would be simply unrealistic.

I assume it should depend from amount of fuel inside and material of car’s inner stuff.[/quote]

Cars can ‘explode’ on their own but it’s currently limited to being rather close to the real world. Basically, if their gas tank(s) get punctured, gasoline spills out and you have a risk of fireball. Try ramming a car into the gas tank region of another car (it’s got to have fuel in it for this to work) and you’ll get to see a really neat explosion right before you die horribly.

I think reasonably easy to add would be more sounds and more ? things. (that you heard a sound somewhere).

I have no idea how hallucinations work in the real world. Never been that drugged up. Double vision and confused sure, but not seeing people that are not there hallucinations.

Ye stole me thread, lad. Ye stole it, and tacked on exploding vehiculars…

Very grim, ye know.

I was talking about hallucinations before you were born, Hallucinations & Explosions of vehicles thread.

Now… Everyone down on the ground, this is a robbery! Any of you move, and I’ll execute every last one of you!

Something I do know for mentally damaged people is that they are kinda unpredictable and tend to misinterpret others. Perhaps we could remove some of the “really attack X/Y” warnings and, randomize the status of monsters (fleeing/hostile/tracking etc) when hallucinating.