Guys help how do I car

Allrighty so I haven’t really played all that much since 0.8 and I’m just now getting back into cata, and I can’t figure out how to actually start driving the car. I can turn the engine on, but I can’t make it go anywhere.

How do I car?

Post a screenshot of your car info screen. Do you have enough wheels? enough power/fuel? is anything obstructing your vehicle? what does the desired speed indicator say if you attempt to change it?

Press ^

And turn off cruise control (I really don’t know why it’s always on in cars).

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:3, topic:7359”]Press ^

And turn off cruise control (I really don’t know why it’s always on in cars).[/quote]

Because (IMO) it’s hella easier to get up to speed and just steer, rather than constantly pressing the “go” pedal. Set the desired speed, then push the (wait) button to advance time and let the car move.

Yeah, but not much people know this.

Yeah, I suppose the help file could be clearer, but I thought “to maintain course and speed, hit .” was pretty straightforward. :-/

But most people do get into the car, press ^, and expect the up arrow to start taking them places. Trust me, I did too.

Ugh, most people.

KA101 is the sort to read the manual/wiki/FAQ first. This has been known to cause disconnects between his experience and that of most people, who apparently feel themselves somehow diminished by reading the docs.

sigged

[quote=“madoobler_sauce, post:1, topic:7359”]Allrighty so I haven’t really played all that much since 0.8 and I’m just now getting back into cata, and I can’t figure out how to actually start driving the car. I can turn the engine on, but I can’t make it go anywhere.

How do I car?[/quote]

Firstly, press e to examine the car, does it have any %'s of fuel and battery? it only needs 1% in each to move at least one space, does it have enough wheels? Move the examining cursor to the car seats, does it have a seat? Does it have the controls? Are they in the same space? If all questions answer yes then your should be able to drive it, so shift 6 or “^” to move it.

I reckon you have no seat though.

[quote=“KA101, post:8, topic:7359”]Ugh, most people.

KA101 is the sort to read the manual/wiki/FAQ first. This has been known to cause disconnects between his experience and that of most people, who apparently feel themselves somehow diminished by reading the docs.[/quote]

Well i did it that way but i have to say that i received various questions from friends whom i persued to play cata on how to drive a car … i guess its realy normal. Which means your not normal … so ain t I. Hu that isn t bad i hope .

Ugh, most people.

KA101 is the sort to read the manual/wiki/FAQ first. This has been known to cause disconnects between his experience and that of most people, who apparently feel themselves somehow diminished by reading the docs.[/quote]

well, i must have been one of those people… so i tried with cruise control, crashed, then without, found it hard, then wondered about it.
then i checked the wiki, found the answer and thought: Wow, cruise control is MUCH better and makes sense too… props to the devs of cata for thinking it…

Ooh lordie, lordie, how do I just car…

Guys. I’m a competent cata player. pressing ^ doesn’t let me drive, just lets me turn the engine on. when I try to move the vehicle I just move around in the car. do I have to like use a seatbelt or something?

Try finishing the car - installing wheels, etcetera.

is a functional seat installed on the same tile as the controls?

Do you have a working seat where the controls are? If the seat is too damaged then you can’t drive. Screenshots would be helpful.

Do you have a working seat where the controls are? If the seat is too damaged then you can’t drive. Screenshots would be helpful.[/quote]

I am 90% sure this is the issue. No seat means you can still turn the car and lights and stuff on, but cannot drive. Yes, that is correct. This is a character who will step into lava, take meth and crack to outrun enemies, and eat a fucking fetus he found in a lab tank for gods sake, but he is too good to drive a car without sitting comfortably.

Try finishing the car - installing wheels, etcetera.[/quote]

Yeah, you need a seat/saddle in the same tile as the controls in order to drive. Seatbelt is optional but recommended.

Oh yeah, could be the seat is the issue. never encountered issues with not having a seat before…