Guide to Blob Vehicles?

TL:DR

Gelatinous mass >> Oozing mass >> Gray mass >> Amorphous heart

The Amorphous Heart can be used as a liquid blob feed fed engine.

Liquid blob feed = blob feed + water.

I’m using the blazemod from a few months ago (Sept 2017?).

No known guide exists to my knowledge of using blob vehicles, but I have gotten it to work (kinda) through experimentation and looking through the files.

Using blob feed for fuel is indeed possible as there is a part for it, although I do not use it myself. The vehicle part that uses blob feed is the amorphous heart (which is also simultaneously a turret for some reason). It behaves as any other engine, but I don’t think alternators can be attached to it sadly.

The amorphous heart is a vehicle part that exists at the end of what I would call evolutionary lines for the blob parts. I call it this because blob parts are created in part from other blob parts, and the amorphous heart exists at the end of a long line of blob on blob creation.

The first thing you need to know is that there are three main levels of blob parts. Blob parts being the basic parts that assemble into generic car parts like frames, cargo, reinforcement, and wheels (this one needs water as well).

First there are the gelatinous masses (“gels” from here on out), which is the weakest and lightest blob parts.

Second come the oozes which are the sturdiest but heaviest.

Thirdly and finally come the grays, which are lighter than the oozes and has slightly less durability than the ooze.

Gels are the first thing created, which are then used to create oozes, and then oozes are used to create grays.

These three basic types of blobs, as well as every other blob part begins its life as a growing pre-mature mass of some sort. After a period of 4 hours - 2 days the items will mature and can be activated into its fully grown state and can be used. When I’m talking about blob parts I’m talking about the blob items that the character can hold in their inventory and can install into their vehicle, not blobs that walk around, or the parts directly on the vehicle.

All three basic blob parts, once matured, can be self replicated through directly through player action. Interestingly this also includes certain blob parts like gelectrodes, and gel shooters. There are two ways to self replicate them:

(1) Disassembling (or putting it on the ground and using the butcher option) a SINGLE basic blob part creates TWO pre-mature blob parts of the same type which will have to go through the growing period before it can be split again.

(2) ®eload the fully matured blob part with blob feed (250 blob feed) and activate it for the mature blob part to start spawning friendly blob monsters all around the character. Gels and grays spawn 12 each time. Oozes spawn waaaay much more so prepare for that. Walking into the blob monsters will deactivate them and turn them into their mature blob parts. Make sure to do it in an enclosed room. In my experience this should be at least 3x4 for a total of 12 empty spaces plus the character (oozes will need a far larger enclosed space). It is important to deactivate all the blob monsters because they will self replicate by themselves if you leave them alone. Enclosed spaces make it such that none can escape and wreck your base area with over population.

Long story short, use the second method first to get a good number of blob parts. Then mass disassemble them for a safer replication method.

The step by step creation:

1. Craft 1 “growing blob frame”.
  2. Wait for it to mature.
  3. (a)ctivate the growing blob frame. You will acquire 1 gelatinous mass.
    Advice: Dupe it or ®eload it before continuing because the gelatinous mass will be used up in the creation of the next step.
  4. Craft 1 “growing ooze”.
  5. Wait for it to mature.
  6. (a)ctivate it, and receive 1 “oozing mass” (or something like that).
    Repeat the advice from above if you’d like.
  7. Craft 1 “growing gray mass”
  8. Wait for it to mature.
  9. (a)ctivate it to receive 1 gray mass.
    Repeat the advice.
  10. Craft 1 “growing mass of tendrils”
  11. Wait for it to mature.
  12. (a)ctivate it to receive your amorphous heart.

It’s important to preserve at least one of the three basic blob parts since replication is almost free, and these parts are used for all sort of branching off parts.

2 Likes