Git repository directory

Woot. Thats it built now :smiley:

worksforme tag added as well, my install is entrenched.

Thanks again for all the help guys, always learning a bit more

Dev files containt the .c headers. If you’re going to compile something that links toa library, you gotta have the headers or it won’t work. People who aren’t coding/compiling their own stuff don’t need them, though, which is why they’re in -dev packages.

so just tried to do this again and

nice -n 10 make all -j 4 -s CCACHE=1 RELEASE=1 TILES=1 SOUND=1 LOCALIZE=0 LUA=1 DYNAMIC_LINKING=1 ASTYLE=0 LINTJSON=0 RUNTESTS=0 BACKTRACE=0 LUA_BINARY=luajit
./catacylsm-tiles &

gave me
#define VERSION “0.D-11691-g3da5eb43a8”

why and how do I define the version?

Sorry to give you advice several months later, but the version is just automatically generated off of git information so that we know what versions players are using in bug reports. It doesn’t do anything but change the display on the title screen (it shows a different version).

so what would an error like that even mean then?

Nothing (it’s not an error), that’s just what it’s sticking in src/version.h to define the version.

huh. Thanks. You mind helping me with a completely unrelated problem? Been working on making a an automation flow -Call blocker for my android using Automate, but haven’t figured out how to do the For loop. Though working trough it is fun :D, just need to figure out what it wants me to do to compare a variable against the array to get it working… probably.

I’m not at all familiar with automate, and I think I’d need some more information to be able to help past that.

Its fun to play with. Gui coding always feels more like a game. Think I got it anyways, unfortunately my phone will need a workaround or something to allow the app to mess with phone calls.

1 Like