Updating to latest nightly build on Ubuntu.. couple of questions

Hi there.

So I am a complete Ubuntu/Linux newbie… I literally installed the OS for DDA, and that’s all I use it for. I installed the game with the directions here (knowing next to nothing about Terminal and Git in general). First of all, is this the nightly build or the stable release? When I attempt to update the game using these directions (using ‘git pull’; my current build is a nightly just prior to the latest release) it always says that the game is up-to-date. I know that is incorrect… what am I doing wrong?

Sorry if these questions are inane - I have no idea what I’m doing! I would appreciate any and all help. I know I could simply reinstall but I’d like to understand this a little better.

Did you install with git clone git://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git?

Then “git pull” from inside the directory (the one created by “git clone”) should bring it up to date. It will already be up to date after cloning, so “git pull” will do nothing until someone commits some actual changes.

The git version is bleeding-edge, so even more unstable than the nightly version, but very easy to update once you have it set up correctly.