Fresh food is always rotten

every food item i find that can spoil is rotten, even right after the start of a game. even though it says its fresh

Bad report writing, could be ambiguous between several problems that were before (and were fixed already) and a new problem.

If it reports as fresh, but when you pick up it insta-rots? Update your game, and start in Spring.

Yeah, I guess you didn’t start in Spring, starting in later seasons leads to all the spolable food being spoiled for obvious reasons.

Is the fix only supposed to work for those who start in specific conditions? I think I might have altered the starting hour (still spring, but 20.00 and not 8.00).
I just picked up a bunch of food marked as (fresh), which then instantly became (rotten). In 0.A-2119, so the fix would have to be less than a day old.
Before that I had some food rot as I tried to eat it, but I thought it could be a new feature (you don’t know if canned food is rotten until you open the can). Also in the newest binary.

I guess I’m going back to not picking anything that isn’t permafood.

Is the fix only supposed to work for those who start in specific conditions? I think I might have altered the starting hour (still spring, but 20.00 and not 8.00).
I just picked up a bunch of food marked as (fresh), which then instantly became (rotten). In 0.A-2119, so the fix would have to be less than a day old.
Before that I had some food rot as I tried to eat it, but I thought it could be a new feature (you don’t know if canned food is rotten until you open the can). Also in the newest binary.

I guess I’m going back to not picking anything that isn’t permafood.[/quote]

Might be an old save, but the starting time shouldn’t have caused problems with the fix. Canned food should be fine for years, so that’s not likely to be a new feature. Try a new world and let us know?

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:7383”]Is the fix only supposed to work for those who start in specific conditions? I think I might have altered the starting hour (still spring, but 20.00 and not 8.00).
I just picked up a bunch of food marked as (fresh), which then instantly became (rotten). In 0.A-2119, so the fix would have to be less than a day old.[/quote]
No, it just counts time from 0:00, Spring of year whatever, so if you started late, some food could perish already. Don’t think there’s any food that lasts less than 24 hours, though.
It shouldn’t behave like that, since fix was making map items in containers update while still on map, i.e. you wouldn’t see any (fresh) items if it was working correctly and food wasn’t actually fresh.
Try what KA101 said.

Old save, encountered it too. Looks like it’s time to start anew again.

So presumably old maps still don’t update the itemcounts, but new ones will - I definitely can see rotten food everywhere with my winterstart.