Found a mansion and Lawwwwd what a find

The shrubs and small trees just need smashing with a blunt object. Great way to get withered plants to tie stuff up and long sticks to make spike pit traps. May as well use it if it’s dropping eh?

For a lot of things I’ve found just building a table outside is enough to full butcher. Takes a pretty big haul to actually need the rope as well, only ever needed it for a moose and maybe a wolf. Meat is pretty self replenishing with cockroaches coming from refuse and once you get your meat cycle going you’ll only ever need a table for an optimal harvest. A good 20 meat per roach and I don’t think the ropes ever gotten me any better.

2 Likes

Hmmm… Maybe I’ll build a summer/winter base down there depending on how the environmentals go… I’ve gotten a room set up for crafting with a small re-enforced bedroom of to the side, so I really don’t want to move all the stuff I shifted upstairs back down again. It might be easier to just set up a second set of craft areas and sleep area in the basement.

I made the Homewrecker and have been wrecking everything with it. It’s pretty dang cool!

Also been creating a bunch of pointy sticks for when I go back to the town and assault it. There was a bunch of scary looking beasts there, but i figure a field of clever traps will make short work of many of them.

So I just encounter my first “manhack”. I envision a drone with whirling blades. Luckily there were several of them attack a moose and a pack of pitbulls i had been avoiding. The moose was the “last man standing” but I managed to drop it with a few arrows and a slash from ye olde Katanna. Meat forever!

BTW can you name items? I used to play a game called Moria (waaaaay back in the day) and when you inscribed an item it would show in the inventory like this:

B. Katana {Moose Slicer}

When I tried that with my forked spear it just changed it from:
C. Forked Spear
to
C. ForkQMan

Thoughts?

~D

You can change the name, you just need a knife (or knife-like object, doesn’t matter the size) and use the action button, it’ll give you a list and im pretty sure you can inscribe an item from there. Back before I updated my android game I had a character based in a gun shop, who managed to find a cw-24 with an autoloader function (still don’t know how an autoloader works…) and I dubbed it “Shining Darkness” (sorta had a phase of being really into that one dude’s pistol from Fallout: NV, and changed its description to mark how many people I killed, got to at least 10 before the last one managed to brain me with their crossbow… Come to think of it I did quite a few crazy things with that character before she died, tried to gas an enemy survivor that was hiding in a storage room by taking a smoke grenade and throwing it into the room, didnt kill them but they were almost dead the next time I checked up with them.
Good ol’ times amiright?

1 Like