For jump-starting blacksmithing: stone anvils

Though about boulders. I heard New England has a lot of those. They could also be useful for harvesting lots of rocks.
We don’t have chisels though. Or do we?

We have metalworking chisels. That’s all though.

I would so go for having another way to get rocks other than just sporadically picking them up off the ground.

Tempting, possibly. For now, the anvil tweak at least has been merged. For other ideas though, kinda been burnt out lately, especially after the last massive PR dump.

Well, before they had metal the earliest stonemasons used a combination of wooden tools and persistence in their craft. I don’t know how practical this would be however–as I’m ignorant of whether the larger stones of New England are primarily igneous or metamorphic.

Mine shaft + Jackhammer = enough stone to build a live-sized version of motherfucking Camelot.

Logrin is correct. TL;DR:

Early stonemasonry was essentially carving notches or seams in the working stone, inserting wooden wedges into these notches, then pounding these wedges with mallets or hammers to split the rock across a seam.
There were other things to it, such as finding the weak lines in the rock and the finishing touches and interesting stuff like cranes powered by human hamster-wheels, but that’s about it.

IIRC they had to have lots of spare tools, a forge and blacksmiths constantly on hand to repair the metal tools throughout the day as iron tools, chisels etc tended to wear out very quickly.

Remember that when you see something like a castle or pre-revolution fort.

So, boulder + Hammer/Sledge/Jackhammer = stones, flat boulder?
If we get this in I hope you can make them grab/draggable.
Just so we can use slave teams NPCs to make great pyramids to house our fallen survivors, containing all their loot, vehicles, tamed animals and wives/servants.

I mean come on, considering the goo and revivication would you really want these psychopaths coming back to life?
They’d be worse than biohulks, or the terminator. Or tank drones. Burying them under a few thousand tonnes of rock sounds like a good idea.

Yea. Doing so would give hope to those that want to run away, that they could manage doing so before survivor revived and broke out of 20 tons of solid rock. Plus I like imagining the faces of those that realize that said zombie survivor did just that, and is now looking at them as an ontré.

I love LOVE Iosyn’s ideas!

Two questions: can zombies use cbms and would they suffer teleportation sickness because that would be truly scary.

Boulders. If those go through, I may do a separate anvil PR.

I love this community ^.^. So many amazing people jammed into such a small group, and nay an obnoxious asshole in sight…unless… is it me? Am I the asshole? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME!!!