Flint and Steel

I am currently working on a wilderness survival since the cities are ridiculous with all the zombies, however I couldn’t get a lighter out of the massive child zombie horde. I felt that there should we a way around this by adding in a flint and steel.

The recipe could be something like a rock and a chunk of steel, which would still keep it uncommon to get it always but provide at least an alternative. The main problem is how to handle uses, maybe have a chance for the rock to break if you strike it too hard.

You can craft a fire drill at survival skill 2. It uses 2 skewers (From a heavy stick) and 1 string (From sinew/plant fibre) so you can craft it without heading into a city.

One of the problems I’ve had with the survivalcrafts is that they require Survival 2-3. If you didn’t take Survival at chargen or luck into finding a copy of Pitching A Tent, that’s a lot of corpses you’ll need to butcher. Best get on it.

Suggestion: chance for PAT to spawn in the evac shelter basement.

I think the game is made with slight idea in mind to buy points in skills at chargen, which nobody does because they spend it it all on stats and traits.
I kind of think that skills should use a different set of point spending than stats and traits, and that the profession selection should draw from this pool instead too.

I always start with tons of skill points. A point into Medical, Survival, Mechanics, Electronics, two into Dodge, and a few into my weapon of choice for that playthrough.

Some may say it’s bad for my stats, but I am OK with the extra challenge.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:5, topic:1454”]I always start with tons of skill points. A point into Medical, Survival, Mechanics, Electronics, two into Dodge, and a few into my weapon of choice for that playthrough.

Some may say it’s bad for my stats, but I am OK with the extra challenge.[/quote]

I always put points in Mechanics, First-aid, Survival, Dodge and Melee weapons.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:6, topic:1454”][quote=“kilozombie, post:5, topic:1454”]I always start with tons of skill points. A point into Medical, Survival, Mechanics, Electronics, two into Dodge, and a few into my weapon of choice for that playthrough.

Some may say it’s bad for my stats, but I am OK with the extra challenge.[/quote]

I always put points in Mechanics, First-aid, Survival, Dodge and Melee weapons.[/quote]It’s worth noting that all of those besides raw melee have skillbooks.

With the game being so interesting whilst pushing a player character to overcome dynamic afterspawning, I don’t mind pillaging and looting for a couple of initial points; but I found out that some skills render a character useful, or useless. No melee points in the first day equals heaps of trouble.

So to be more on topic, do collect junk and craft items to enhance ones proficiency, if he/she has any use of that particular skill.