Firearms and other guide help

About time I make a account, so does anyone know any walkthroughs on making more bullets? any other tips on first starting a world? The farthest I ever gotten is finding a powered welder. It seems I cant find items I really need (shovel,Ax,pans and ammo) seems like all the Z’s like to find me before I can do anything good with my characters.

My worlds, guh. Feels like I have all the bad ones. guns stores to deep in a city or mil surplus next to a horde.

I really don’t know how to explain myself XD but I need tips on survival and the bullets guides. you know this is a good game if it makes you rage!

Re rage: Different approaches, I guess.

Making more bullets was a dealbreaker for me, too. Sorry. I went melee; have tried archery here & there and learned to throw rocks (clears turrets, which can be a source for 9mm).

You might consider the wiki? There are some first-day guides available.

I’d recommend staying away from towns at the beginning of the game and doing a woodsman strategy, avoid Fungal enemys, and if you can find a LMOE shelter, they will basically always have guns and sometimes reloading supplys/ammo and they can be a great place to store things you’ve scavenged. the only downside is there is no light down there so you’ll need a flashlight. (or if you’re a real manly man just gather up all the useless clothes and put them in piles and set them on fire) and try going from evac shelter to evac shelter searching the basements for useful items. books are also your best friend early in game, any book that shows up green when you go to pick it up, take it and find a place to go and read it.

i’d also recommend checking the wiki.

Forget about ammo crafting. The need for specific grades of primer and casing for each ammo type means you’ll hardly ever be able to craft ammo without already having it. At best it’s a way to make ammo you already have more powerful by throwing in extra gunpowder, and it’s really never necessary.

This post might be of some help to you, for a general idea of the trajectory you’ll want to take. Most of the essentials you’ll want at the beginning can be found by looting houses, which are usually low-risk.

LMOE shelters are most likely super hard to find of couse, what about cabins if I come across any?

[quote=“halberdsturgeon, post:4, topic:1602”]Forget about ammo crafting. The need for specific grades of primer and casing for each ammo type means you’ll hardly ever be able to craft ammo without already having it. At best it’s a way to make ammo you already have more powerful by throwing in extra gunpowder, and it’s really never necessary.

This post might be of some help to you, for a general idea of the trajectory you’ll want to take. Most of the essentials you’ll want at the beginning can be found by looting houses, which are usually low-risk.[/quote]

I see, thank you I’ll take a look

Cabins are very nice shelter areas, just be wary of the few inhabitants remaining, same with farms.

Zombies spawn much more thickly near the “center” of cities. Shops are one of the major influences in determining where the “center” is. Therefore the more shops in an area, the more zombies, and even one shop can cause a noticeable increase in the number nearby.

I see, ooh! house there are some cases where I get lucky and find a house and no one around, is there a way to get in with no noise made? Beside the finger pick.

Lockpicks can open locked doors as well. Alternatively if you don’t have the skill for that then you might just want to consider a crowbar; it’s fairly quiet, and if you immediately close the door behind you then most of the time monsters won’t be able to find you (especially at night).