Fallout from craters

I was thinking that maybe we could make fallout spawn around craters. Have it act like a gas, and make it appear in a certain radius around the crater. We could even put in some sort of timer, like a countdown of how many days before it settles and stops spawning. just a little idea.

Radiation doesnt really…Go away though. Not that quickly. IIRC it can take years and years and years for one half life.

Depends on the crater. Those little ones that don’t show on the map? Radiated heavily. The big ones? sometimes are, sometimes not.

Radiation doesnt really…Go away though. Not that quickly. IIRC it can take years and years and years for one half life.[/quote]

Uranium-239, the kind used for nuclear bombs, has a half-life of 24,110 years.

Yeah, the nukes dropped a few days before game start, IIRC, so I’m inclined to call it “settled”.

If you’d rather not (mod territory, IMO), Radioactive Gas could work, since it irradiates the ground and, once irradiated, the ground Stays Irradiated.

That said, I don’t think we really need more radiation in mainline.

That’s fair. I’m inclined to assume some of the craters (non-radioactive) were simply kinetic missiles or explosives of the like. The nuclear silos

when used, make tons of radioactive gas; so it works. Anyone want to implement the 26,000 year half-life anytime soon? Haha.