Fails to start

Craps out on my desktop.

eeb323f
SDL
XP SP3

-----------------------------------------
17:56:3.265 : Starting log.
17:56:3.671 SDL : src/sdltiles.cpp:305: Failed to select render target: That operation is not supported
17:56:3.671 : initscr failed!
17:56:3.718 : Log shutdown.

+1
cataclysmdda-0.A-2032
Dell Inspiron Mini 10v
All drivers and soft installed and updated

22:34:24.188 : Starting log.
22:34:25.61 SDL : src/sdltiles.cpp:305: Failed to select render target: That operation is not supported
22:34:25.61 : initscr failed!
22:34:25.142 : Log shutdown.

This is a very wild guess but it says something about render, do you have software rendering true or false?

EDIT: Check config/options.txt

[quote=“12doze12, post:3, topic:7256”]This is a very wild guess but it says something about render, do you have software rendering true or false?

EDIT: Check config/options.txt[/quote]

Now its work

#Use software renderer instead of graphics card acceleration. #Default: False SOFTWARE_RENDERING True

Next- no sound files:

23:5:4.688 : Starting log. 23:5:34.52 INFO : mod_ui initialized 23:6:1.469 SDL : src/sdltiles.cpp:1788: Failed to load audio file data//sound/Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.ogg: Couldn't open 'data//sound/Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.ogg'
Folder is empty :frowning:

In that folder I only have a file called Sound Set.

Try download the latest experimental build from here:

http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest/Windows/Tiles/

[quote=“12doze12, post:5, topic:7256”]In that folder I only have a file called Sound Set.

Try download the latest experimental build from here:

http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest/Windows/Tiles/[/quote]

No sound files in stable and experimental builds

Perhaps they are generated when you run it, you can’t run the 0.A nor the experimentals?

[quote=“12doze12, post:3, topic:7256”]This is a very wild guess but it says something about render, do you have software rendering true or false?

EDIT: Check config/options.txt[/quote]
Thanks, sucks i need to do that though.

Mine was set to false but i set it to true and i guess compatibility kicked in.

Wondering what kind of drawing options were changed/added for it to bork my card.