Need Help: 317 Error

I am using Windows XP on an old computer of mine and I’m taking a shot at playing Cataclysm. However, every time I load it up, I get this:

6:49:3.375 : Starting log.
6:49:3.531 SDL : src/sdltiles.cpp:317: Failed to select render target: That operation is not supported
6:49:3.531 : initscr failed!
6:49:3.546 : Log shutdown.

I’ve tried redownloading it, and only the console edition works. How can I get the graphical version to work?

Just checked on mine (I run XP) and it seems to be working OK on this end.

If you’ve got an options screen or at least an options.txt in the config folder, you might check if changing the SOFTWARE_RENDERING setting helps; I think there’s been some trouble with that in the past.

I did open the data documents to mod as Word and not Dev C++, but it worked on 0.A. I’m going to try changing the option.

When modifying any sort of text file you should never use Word, instead just use Notepad. Word adds all kinds of formatting that could mess up the file.

When modifying any sort of text file you should never use Word, instead just use Notepad. Word adds all kinds of formatting that could mess up the file.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, that would be Bad. C++ code is basically plain text and needs to stay that way. Even using non++ Notepad can mess it up if it saves as .txt rather than All Files AKA “leave the current extension alone!”.

I re-downloaded it and tried your idea. It worked, thanks!