Facepalm moments

I kidnapped a cargoful of shockers from a busy town, drove back home and went to sleep on seat, forgetting to butcher them.

Fortunately Im insomniac.

Beat a gasoline pump to death thinking if its empty, it wont explode. I was wrong… dead wrong! Apparently it was just out of order.

Driving too fast, failing to realize that straight ahead is a minefield.

Driving too fast in a familiar area, failing to realize that you forgot to disarm the minefield straight ahead.

Dunno if the same thing can happen in recent versions, but having internal furnace on/forgetting to turn it off, and then proceeding to eat an important item:
-cash card (mild annoyance/real annoying, depending on if you’re trying to max out a cash card)
-important tools that can be eaten (annoying/real annoying depending on how much you use the item)
-your gun, or more likely all the mods the gun has in one go (beyond annoying)

Forgetting to remove the several layers of backpacks/rucksacks and trying to melee.

Oh god the backpacks. I made a nice swanky survivor duffel-bag-thing (whatever it’s called), and got my face beat in by a brute because for some reason I couldn’t dodge anything.

acidentaly turned 3 buildings into pile of rubble after i started to skid after hitting zombie kid , two solar panels, 3 heavy duty frames, 1 heavy duty board and quarterpanel not to mention 2 military platings destroyed

spend few in game years crafting steel threads(from scratch) for your deathmobile only to find tank 3 tiles away from your base what have intact tank threads

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:25, topic:11960”]acidentaly turned 3 buildings into pile of rubble after i started to skid after hitting zombie kid , two solar panels, 3 heavy duty frames, 1 heavy duty board and quarterpanel not to mention 2 military platings destroyed

spend few in game years crafting steel threads(from scratch) for your deathmobile only to find tank 3 tiles away from your base what have intact tank threads[/quote]

Treads, maybe? “Tank threads” sounds like some kind of awesome clothing/armor thing, or maybe the inform for the tank crew.

:slight_smile: heh, sorry, I’m not usually that guy, but this one was too funny to pass up, especially since you did it twice in the same sentence.

i commonly do errors like that, at least im getting better at avoiding them

That was one actually too good to call an “error” - call it “unintentional awesomeness” instead! :slight_smile:

(And if English is not your native language, don’t worry about it - I once sat in an English class in a foreign country for a semester, and the teacher, who had EXCELLENT English and only a mild accent, once mixed up “guide” and “guard”. It happens - my own foreign language skills are now ridiculously rusted, so I’d certainly have no right to complain.)

Trying to beat a knife-spear wielding NPC with my fists (I had a 8 in unarmed combat) only to realize the reason why it’s taking so long is because I was wielding jeans.

Lolol, i assume you killed it eventually?

Making a fire under a zombie soldier. They drop grenades.

And C4 =(

Lolol, i assume you killed it eventually?[/quote]

I unequipped it and two shot him.

I just imagine myself flailing at him with a pair of jeans and then just blue-screening for a moment, drop the jeans, and punch him to space.

Pull pin on grenade, throw a different grenade with pin still in at zombie hulk. Profit??? NO!

Tfw you’re still smoking a cigarette as you decide to go to sleep

When you try to eat vitamins, but since you dropped them recently the key changed, eat two of the LSD pink heart candies instead.

Whoops

[quote=“Szara, post:37, topic:11960”]When you try to eat vitamins, but since you dropped them recently the key changed, eat two of the LSD pink heart candies instead.

Whoops[/quote]

Sounds like Tuesday to me.

Instead of peeking through the curtains teared them off, while I knew for sure that zeds were close.

During the nighttime went for scavenging and decided to smoke a joint to cope with bad mood. The light immediately attracted zeds who made the mood (and health too) even worse.

Had some purifier in a glass bottle in the inventory, decided to put it away but insead of 'd’rop chose 't’hrow… same happened with the only binoculars I had and 3L jar of Irish coffee.

Went into town to get some precious vehicle parts: took a cargo space cart, food & water, mp3-player, gas mask, weapons and spent 2 hours marching only to find that forgot to take the toolbox.

Very early on found a rare book, but had no space in the inventory, so I took it into hands. Went to another building, tried to smash a window, completely forgetting that was still holding the book. The window didn’t break so I smashed it again and again and again until the book was gone…

Found a nice vehicle in decent condition only to see it been immidiately smashed, stomped and ignited by a passing horde.

Accidentally press honk horn than turn on headlights
Fire my “Knife spear” While realizing i had a shotgun equipped
Going toe-to-toe with a hulk while wielding a 55 gallon barrel
Eating mutagen while trying to raise my morale
Throwing a molotov at a gas station for shits and giggles
Fall off of a z-level
Failing to achieve mycus
Trying to achieve light speed