Exponential craft time for interrupted batch crafting; build-0.B-2491

Okay, for the last few in-game weeks, I’ve been trying to batch-craft about 16 steel chains for the purpose of making powered turrets, which would take 138 hours 40 minutes, not including sleep. Along the way, the process is intermittently interrupted for the purpose of eating, drinking and sleeping, with saves being made regularly. However the crafting process that is suppose to take about roughly eight days turns into 14 days without an end in sight.

So I took a peek at the save file. The value of moves_left for the backlog is 7157796.

There seems to be something wrong here…

71,000/10 = 7,100 min
7,100/60 = ~100 hrs ~= 4 days ~= 12 'workdays’
sounds rougly right

What I mean is, I’ve spent way more than 138 hours 40 minutes awake trying to craft those chains. A lot more time than it should have been. And it is still unfinished. And I have the ‘Very Little Sleep’ mutation.

Could be some sort of save glitch (value reset or something?) but I’m inclined to suggest that if your batch takes longer than 24 hours you probably shouldn’t be making it in that quantity.

Crafting time, especially for larger amounts/longer times sometimes seems wonky to me - and i craft a lot. I never bothered to actually count it, should i?

I never tried such a long crafting session, though. Does speed affect crafting time?

edit/ (for example, just crafted steel jerrycan, 30 minutes crafting time started at 23:16:06, finished at 23:48:18). Very hungry, very thirsty, comfortable, inside building.

edit2/ Ate and drank and the next jerrycan i crafted took from 2:07:24 to 2:34:42.

So i guess physical condition affect crafting time?

[quote=“Maur, post:5, topic:8246”]Crafting time, especially for larger amounts/longer times sometimes seems wonky to me - and i craft a lot. I never bothered to actually count it, should i?

I never tried such a long crafting session, though. Does speed affect crafting time?

edit/ (for example, just crafted steel jerrycan, 30 minutes crafting time started at 23:16:06, finished at 23:48:18). Very hungry, very thirsty, comfortable, inside building.

edit2/ Ate and drank and the next jerrycan i crafted took from 2:07:24 to 2:34:42.

So i guess physical condition affect crafting time?[/quote]

Yep. Crafting is done by moves, so losing moves due to hunger/thirst would slow you down.