Experimental Features: Zombie slave derail

Stupid question for you.
Is this included in version 3d47f9d?

Not stupid at all. Yes it is in that version. You need a knife, a zombie corpse, and a LOT of survival and first aid skill (5/4)

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:6900”]Not stupid at all. Yes it is in that version. You need a knife, a zombie corpse, and a LOT of survival and first aid skill (5/4)[/quote]Do they have a tendency to regenerate eventually? Seems like a temporary situation, what with all the bullshit the goo gets up to.

Sort of, if you manage to lose your zombie slave (get more than ~60 squares away from it) it will revert to a regular zombie. That’s an implementation issue though, and will be fixed at some point.

couldn’t a zombie slave still bite you even if you remove his arms. or is there now an option to smash zombies teeth out

[spoiler]

The undead centipede, first sequence. [/spoiler]

Those were some weird movies …

Hahahaha that’s awesome, zombie centipede

The more complete answer is that we don’t exactly specify what you’re doing, just that you’re doing whatever it takes so that the zombie can’t attack you.

In reality, this would probably include:
Removing lower jaw and upper teeth or wiring jaw shut.
Removing or securing arms.
Removing or severing neck muscles or tendons necessary for rapid head movement.
Partially crippling the legs to avoid quick movement so that body-checks and kicks are out of the question.

…and not bear cavaRLy?
I’m utterly dissapointed.

:slight_smile:

Are you serious?

Edit: Damn, you are serious. Ummmm, ok then.

Can I look forward to a stylish leash to keep my zombie on? preferably something that jingles while hes eating his morning fancy feast

Sweet! Not only that but we can have an easier zombie pen to keep zombies for RP purposes!

Does it have to be called a Zlave? Was this made by the gimp suit guy?

Does it have to be called a Zlave? Was this made by the gimp suit guy?[/quote]

1. Got a better name?

2. HuXTUS is behind the zlaves, and Rivet made the bondage gear almost 11 months ago now. So no, this wasn’t made by the gimp suit guy, largely because there is no gimp suit guy. Rivet is the gimp suit gal.

Does it have to be called a Zlave? Was this made by the gimp suit guy?[/quote]

1. Got a better name?

2. HuXTUS is behind the zlaves, and Rivet made the bondage gear almost 11 months ago now. So no, this wasn’t made by the gimp suit guy, largely because there is no gimp suit guy. Rivet is the gimp suit gal.[/quote]
    “Walking Suitcase” “Chester” “Zombutler” the Zlave thing seemed odd to me, but it’s mostly symantics. I personally am made a little uncomfortable by chopping a things arms off and calling it my slave. Obviously I’ve been on the internet too long though, and I have to realize everything isn’t for masturbatory purposes.

Also, yeah sorry gal!

I was more making a point the name has a weird connotation that I’m personally not comfortable with, but can totally why some people would think it’s harmless.

Okay “Chester” made me laugh pretty damn good!
Part of me considers that in reality we’d probably find the zombie carrying a wallet with some former-life ID, but I suspect horrendous morale hits isn’t the goal here. Stupid balancing realism and gameplay.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:17, topic:6900”]Okay “Chester” made me laugh pretty damn good!
Part of me considers that in reality we’d probably find the zombie carrying a wallet with some former-life ID, but I suspect horrendous morale hits isn’t the goal here. Stupid balancing realism and gameplay.[/quote]

Making a zlave was originally intended to have some morale implications. Not sure if that’s still the case.

I’m not sure about the jingly bit, but a leash is definitely in the cards, I’m not sure if it’s going to be straightforward to implement though.

1. Got a better name?[/quote]
    “Walking Suitcase” “Chester” “Zombutler”[/quote]
    None of those are better names IMO, feel free to keep trying though.

Good, it’s supposed to make you feel uncomfortable. You are mutilating a pseudo-living creature that used to be human so you can use it as a pet and/or beast of burden, and it’s the name that you have problems with?

What the fuck? What about this is in any way sexual?

It’s absolutely not harmless, and it’s also totally serious. You are making a slave out of a zombie. This has serious moral (and morale, heh) implications, and I’d prefer to treat it seriously within the game instead of giving it a cutesy name like “zombutler”. If you have a problem with it, the easy solution is to not do it, but of course you’re denying yourself a very valuable resource if you make that decision.

Can you actually put a backpack on said zombie slave?