Experimental build: probably known issues

Yeah, just what I noticed, probably known, still wanted to post them, just in case:

1. Light is visible even from the other side of the wall. E.g. the top right corner of my shelter wall (the one with the console inside) is visible from the outside. This actually makes me fear turning on my flashlight in houses where I have carefully shut all windows and doors.
    1.1 On a related issue, I still get “woken up by the light”, even with closed curtains and everything.

I guess fixing that requires some effort.

1. Add the apply_message also if you’re not moving on the tile, but the tile is moving on you. I tried burning some black widows in a cellar, waiting on the stairs(still in the basement). Just out of curiosity I checked my character screen and I had inhaled several lungfuls of smoke, without noticing. Same goes for acid from spitters and smoke from smokers, I guess.

Keep up the good work

I think 1 is a generic text to indicate it’s daytime.

2 would be a good idea.

About 1:
This is a know bug and a known limitation of the current light system. The game calculates the amount of light that hit each tile and stores that value (without considering where the light comes from). A tile is visible if it has been hit by enough light. But then the whole tile is lit. The walls in the shelter get enough light from the console, but it illuminates the whole wall tile.

Don’t worry about that flashlight. Monster don’t go to artificial light, they only target creatures (when they see them), sound or scent. Even through the monster is able to see the wall, that wall is not interesting for monster and it will ignore it, just as it would ignore a wall during daylight.

About 2:

Just out of curiosity I checked my character screen and I had inhaled several lungfuls of smoke, without noticing.
How do you know you had inhaled [b]several[/b] lungful? The "You inhale a lungful of smoke" message is printed when you [b]acquire[/b] an effect, it's not printed when the effect is simply continued (e.g. another lungful of smoke when the effect of the previous one is still active). Or am I interpreting your words wrong?

I once had the status “Smoke (4)” once. I assumed I inhaled a bunch of smoke :s

Thanks for the answers. I thought, that zeds also got attracted to light in general, but if that’s not the case, even better.

How do you know you had inhaled several lungful? The "You inhale a lungful of smoke" message is printed when you acquire an effect, it's not printed when the effect is simply continued (e.g. another lungful of smoke when the effect of the previous one is still active). Or am I interpreting your words wrong?

I am not a native english speaker, so maybe the phrasing isn’t quite correct. I meant, that I stood there for quite some time (pressed “.” several times, until I thought: “Hm, I wonder why the smoke is spreading everywhere but not on my tile”, so I checked, and there was the status effect.