Expanded Archery Mod

This made me think of “Jack and the Three Blind Archers” from Samurai Jack.

If anyone’s interested, I’m currently in the process of PRing this into the main game. With a bit of luck most or all of the changes/content in this mod will be mainlined before too long.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome I hope it works out!

Thus far the existing bows/crossbow have been rebalanced along with their bolts/arrows. The basic attachments (excluding the performance mods) have been added as well.

My basic plan is to leave this mod on here as-is for people playing old versions, but PR everything that still fits with the game. Once that’s done I’ll take all the slightly weird new content (the Bolter, any artifact bows I come up with, stuff like that) and either make a new thread so people can use them or (preferably) mainline it so it comes with the base game.

2 Likes

Sorry for the necro, but this seems to be the thread for the mod – is this integrated into main/experimentals now, or is the open PR still waiting to go in?

I’m just diving back into CDDA after a bit, and realizing I probably have tons of outdated mods in my data folder. Maybe I should just wipe it all and start fresh. :slight_smile: (no idea what building packs to use, etc.)

I believe it’s mainlined, or at least parts, because I can’t recall installing it but I definitely have a dampening kit on my bow right now.

1 Like

In most cases, the main game actually goes beyond what’s in this mod. However, there is a couple of items in the mod that don’t appear in mainline. I wouldn’t recommend using this mod with a reasonably new version of the game, but eventually I’d like to come back and revamp it into a content pack for weird bow/crossbow things. I have ideas for a solar artifact bow and some other cool nonsense.

1 Like

i was thinking of downloading it for that smart arrow, but that got me second guessing…

Very good. – thank you @darktoes – I couldn’t exactly tell what status that big PR was in. I’ll look forward to whatever you wind up building here or any different name :slight_smile:

Just for you (and anyone else who likes the smart arrow and A22 Bolter) I put together a temporary version of the mod that just adds new stuff, improves spawnlists, and doesn’t do any rebalancing. Should be perfectly stable and won’t override any existing parts of the game.
Get it here. Or in the OP.
Bear in mind I haven’t got to test if it runs, but I didn’t change much so it should be fine. If it throws an error just tell me with a screenshot of the error it gives and I’ll fix it.

1 Like

I know it’s been some time, but cdda is already 0.F version and it has a problem with the A22 bolter, as in it dowsn’t want to reload it anymore. The weapon is not in the reload menu, nor it cannot be reloaded from inventory. I am in possesion of a couple fully loaded UPS units and a truckload of different type of bolts, yet I still can’t make that weapon reload. Also it gives a error:
DEBUG : loaded a nun or ammo_data() is nullptr

FUNCTION : void item::gun_info(const item*, std::vector&, const iteminfo_query*, int, bool) const
FILE : src/item.cpp
LINE : 2585
VERSION : 49c6f2d
What do?