Every JSON associated with mutagen?

Hi I’m new to the modding part of Cataclysm so please excuse me if this is a dumb question in any way.

What are all of the JSON files that make a mutagen work, like the Alpha mutagen for example? I know mutation_category is where the mutagen category is defined, the mutagen itself is defined in items>comestibles>mutagen, mutations are defined in the mutations file and where MUTCAT_ALPHA or other appropriate mutation category is attached, the recipe book is defined in items>book>cooking, and the recipe is defined in recipes>recipe_medsandchemicals.

I’m planning to make mod to add more types of mutagen and I need to know what other JSON files I would need to modify/copy in order for it to work and be fully implemented in a manner identical to the current mutagens, complete with book, recipe, mutagen, mutation tree, and spawning in-game.

Sounds like you got all of it but one: spawning. item_groups.json is the one for spawning.

Mutations themselves can have only a limited set of effects due to them being limited to jsons, but any behavior that is fully defined in jsons should work.