DUDE, where's the beach?

If, you’ve ever been to New England, you know that the beach along with the Atlantic Ocean is just to the East of you. So if you head east, your bound to find the Atlantic Ocean.

So why is there no beach in cataclysm DDA? Where’s the mutant beach babes and the giant sand crabs, the zombie-infested harbors and loot filled cargo ships carrying ASS TONS of weapons and oil, the sea side attractions and Evil lobsters that want revenge on humanity and our Red Lobster food chain (funny building idea). Hell, there might be a boat that could sail me to safety on another island/continent…or bring me to my own doom at the hands of the Kraken.

New England really wouldn’t be complete without a beach of some kind.

No zombie beach party for you!

I wish there was a beach to though.

I like the beach idea.

hahahahahahaha , the game is set in 2030(or whatever future) , do you think beaches would still exist by that time? Of course NO.

Wolf spider, global warming melted the ice caps. Making the beaches expand, not contract.

Yes, I want zombie beach blondes.

Yeah, we want beaches! Because cata life is a beach.

But in all honesty, the maps are procedurally generated, so creating a constant piece of map border that works within that randomizing map design function simply hasn’t been addressed yet.

Obligatory Fishmen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

It’s being worked on, and has been being worked on for about a month and a half now. Big map rewrite in the works.

I just hope it gets finished. >_>

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:10, topic:2127”]It’s being worked on, and has been being worked on for about a month and a half now. Big map rewrite in the works.

I just hope it gets finished. >_>[/quote]

Really? AWWWWWW YEEEAAAAA!! Thanks for the update Glyph!

[quote=“gtaguy, post:5, topic:2127”]Wolf spider, global warming melted the ice caps. Making the beaches expand, not contract.

Yes, I want zombie beach blondes.[/quote]
I believe he was joking.
If not, then just trust him, after all, he IS a writer. :stuck_out_tongue: