Duct tape... how?

I’m playing experimental and cant find how to make duct tape. Do I need to find a book with the recipe, or is it autolearned after reaching a specific level ?

https://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/duct_tape/craft

Yep, I have already checked this, I have everything here aside from the books, but cannot find the chemistry skill in the game (has it changed to applied science ?)

Most likely. I also cannot find bartering, but it is present in NPC teaching menus :slight_smile:

Strangely, my applied science is at level 4, which going by that, I would then assume that I am only then missing the book[s]

edit: pretty sure now that the tape is gated behind a book. On Chezzo, it is missing the green ‘autolearned’ text box

yup.

“type”: “recipe”,
“activity_level”: “LIGHT_EXERCISE”,
“result”: “duct_tape”,
“category”: “CC_OTHER”,
“subcategory”: “CSC_OTHER_MATERIALS”,
“skill_used”: “chemistry”,
“difficulty”: 3,
“time”: “18 m”,
“book_learn”: [ [ “textbook_fabrication”, 3 ], [ “textbook_chemistry”, 3 ], [ “adv_chemistry”, 3 ], [ “textbook_mechanics”, 5 ] ],
“using”: [ [ “filament”, 50 ] ],
“qualities”: [ { “id”: “CUT”, “level”: 1 }, { “id”: “COOK”, “level”: 2 } ],
“tools”: [ [ [ “surface_heat”, 5, “LIST” ] ] ],
“components”: [ [ [ “superglue”, 1 ] ], [ [ “rag”, 6 ] ], [ [ “plastic_chunk”, 1 ] ] ]

so you need a book with one of those qualities, at the very least it looks generic, rather than ‘you have to find this specific book’ so it shouldnt be hard.

also, yes, its ‘chemisty’ on the code but in game it now displays as ‘applied sciences’

1 Like

chemistry is id of the skill