Drug Vending Machines

Let’s say you walk down to the gun-store, and use the ammo-vending machine…

A day at the gun-range isn’t complete without some crack, maybe a little bit of meth for flavor.

But you can’t trust a store clerk for that. He’d probably short-change you.

Now, none of us know what the pre-apocalyptic drug laws were like.

It could be entirely possible that they sell all sorts of chems out of the vending machines.

Don’t you hate it when you put money in a vending machine and your item gets stuck though?

I like this idea.

Based on the way the drug dealers are armed and hide their meth labs, to say nothing of the basement grow rooms, I’m going to assume that drugs are still illegal in Cataworld.

As an aside, I do think that the mobile meth lab should be renamed.

I meant I’d like it as a mod, not in the game permanently. Just useful and quirky.

Support for any type of vending machine you want is already in the game, so if you want to do this yourself it’s already possible (assuming a JSON building, the non-json ones you would need to compile to change).

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:3, topic:6304”]Based on the way the drug dealers are armed and hide their meth labs, to say nothing of the basement grow rooms, I’m going to assume that drugs are still illegal in Cataworld.

As an aside, I do think that the mobile meth lab should be renamed.[/quote]

Affirmative. Elite Liberal Drug Laws would be a Mod.

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:6304”][quote=“Khrysanth, post:3, topic:6304”]Based on the way the drug dealers are armed and hide their meth labs, to say nothing of the basement grow rooms, I’m going to assume that drugs are still illegal in Cataworld.

As an aside, I do think that the mobile meth lab should be renamed.[/quote]

Affirmative. Elite Liberal Drug Laws would be a Mod.[/quote]

In an apocalypse, we clearly already have Arch Conservative Gun Control. I do not have enough Wisdom to oppose the creation of such a mod.

Arch Conservative gun control mod: All guns boosted to 100 rarity. (Higher is more common.) All ammo boosted to 200. Play with tons of zombies. !!Fun?!!

Well I could see this in pharmacys (With legal drugs, mind you).

Legal drugs should be no trouble. I would imagine the good stuff like codeine would remain behind the counter. Tramadol is not a class 3 drug irl, its fairly mild so it would make some sense to be in. Med kits, bandages, cough syrup, contacts, glasses, contact cleaner, aspirin, vitamins, clean water, disinfectant. I might be forgetting some but yeah. Perhaps not as armored as the gun stores but more armored than food. Heck tiered machines sound good, as well as a way to bypass them quietly with various security measures in place. Like a crowbar being able to pop the food without an alarm, but bashing still sets it off. A lock pick for the drug machine and a hacker tool for the ammo machine. Failure would lead to a faster police robot response. Cool?

tame a fat zombie and keep cocaine in his belly folds so when shit goes down you can just lift a fold and snort and name the zombie “mobile drug machine”

I want a Japan mod that just adds vending machines for everything. Even like underwear and stuff.

I do kinda want drug vending machines though, even if my characters try to stay away from drugs, it’s a moral high ground thing.

A point.

According to the lore (at some point), guns are completely legal (due to copbots everywhere), “soft” drugs are also legal.

One pill o’ Xanax - $760
Big pharma’s boomin’, yo.

Or, you know…
“Please insert ID card?! Motherfucker swallowed my card! Gimme my damn codeine, you tin bastard!”

Wait, 760 or 760.00
Because the first one would be $7.60

Still an absolutely horrendous price for just one pill. Either way you’re gonna need more Xanax to balance out the stress of buying that Xanax though.

That’s actually relatively close to street prices for a single pill. You’d still have to be hard up to actually pay that, but some people do. As for a legal vending machine price, who knows? Maybe you’re supposed to insert your health insurance card first…

Or just move to cuba, where many drugs are about 25% of the price in the US, despite that they are the same thing and the embargo.