Dressing like a zombie?

Dressing either in bloodstained clothes or in a special made costume to imitate the dead? bots and turrets would still fire at you though.

Zombies use way more than just sight to tell that you aren’t a zombie. Nice idea, but not a viable one for CDDA zombies.

who would want to do that when its easier to craft a fleshy lump that you can squeeze to make them think your one of them instead?

Can’t we already make zombie pheromones or is that just something old or misremembered?

(I’m usually playing on a mac, so perpetually stuck a version or so behind.)

Suffice to say, the zeds have chemical ways of identifying you that don’t rely on visual contact, it’s gunna take a lot more science than a halloween costume to fool them.

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:4, topic:9071”]Can’t we already make zombie pheromones or is that just something old or misremembered?

(I’m usually playing on a mac, so perpetually stuck a version or so behind.)

Suffice to say, the zeds have chemical ways of identifying you that don’t rely on visual contact, it’s gunna take a lot more science than a halloween costume to fool them.[/quote]

No your absoluty right we can .
Thats what i am talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

I know we can make the pheramones, but don’t those require a significant cooking score? I figured putting on a freshly killed zombies nasty gore crusted clothes would work for at least a little while. long enough to escape the building you got trapped in maybe at least.

Well as you have to craft something from the zombie flesh to make it work i would asume that theire flesh alone doesn t emit the chemicals needed as id. Perhaps they stop as soon as they stop beeing animated by the blob (dead).

They tend to get back up though, unless you’ve broken pulped their bones to the point they don’t have a leg left to stand on. I doubt the blob technically ‘dies’ unless you’ve literally sterilized the corpse (At which point you might as well be wearing jerky/leather.)

Wearing a meat suit full of active blob is likely to just make it mad and start emitting a ‘TRACKING PREY, GOOD EATS HERE!’ signaler similar to IRL ant trails. This would be the opposite of the desired solution. That’s assuming it doesn’t figure how to reanimate your meat suit with you still inside like some sort of reverse power armor!

Note… I’m not saying EITHER of these needs to be rejected outright because they have bad consequences. In fact, I’d love if a game subtly included options that were the opposite of a good idea. Technological dead ends and horrific experimental consequences are how this all started out after all… it would be almost poetic to see the same thing occurring on an individual scale even afterward (in the same vein that DUG TOO DEEP was a designated end for many Dwarf Fortress games.)

reverse power armor the thought xD genious.

Stealth suit that fatigues you twice as fast due to the active camo being powered by your own body