Draw knife from survivor utility belt, crash

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:20, topic:10399”]Hmm, odd. Did you copy the use actions to a non-wearable item and try that?

If it works in that case, it might be because armor displays a health meter by default, whereas other items only display it when damaged or reinforced.[/quote]

Yeah the toolbox is unwearable. I’m going to go turn item health bars off and try drawing a reinforced knife from a reinforced utility belt.

EDIT: Reinforcement status of the utility belt makes no difference. It still works fine as long as the health bars are turned off.

[Shenanigans Intensify]

Meawhile I’m gonna go get the ASCII version and mess with that.

EDIT: ASCII version confirmed for fucked.

EDIT 2: Notable in that it didn’t crash in the “use item” menu, it drew the gameplay screen then crashed before it could display the utility belt’s menu.

I don’t use item health-bars myself, so I’ve never ran into this problem.

It’s good to see that you guys are trying to get to the bottom of it though… :slight_smile:

I’m always forgetting which adjective is worse though. ;A;

So I messed with the jsons a bit more and tested it a couple different ways, just to rule anything else out, and here’s pretty much the final word on this bug in concise form:

IF an item is wearable
AND the item has a reinforced/damaged knife sheathed in it
AND the item has more than one use_action, thus requiring the menu
AND item health bars are enabled
AND you’re using the pre-compiled experimental from the website

Then the game crashes as soon as the item is activated, without displaying the menu. If any one of these conditions aren’t met then there’s no crash, and no other conditions seem to apply. Maybe someone can paste this to the Git entry for the bug.

Pastinated.

Awesome :smiley:

Well, BevapDin mucked about with it to PR a change and close the issue, will of course have to test and ensure the issue is resolved in full. X3

Just did the whole thing in the latest experimental, no crash. Seems to be fixed.

Huzzah!

What an odd little bug.

Peculiar indeed. Now if only I ever actually got enough characters to the point where making a survvor belt was ever in reach. o3o