Survivor Utility Belt Qualities Not Working 0.E+

Running experimental, have a survivor utility belt that has various qualities like metal sawing 2 and bolt turning 2, but when I approach a vehicle and attempt to do things, I can’t as it indicates I don’t have the right tool despite it being literally on my person.

1 Like

Suggested to me that a mod is messing up the item, but having searched for the item ID “survivor_belt” I couldn’t find any reference to it in any mod that I’m running. It’s listed in Aftershock, but I’m not running Aftershock. So I’m really at a loss as to why it isn’t working!

If searching for survivor belt in the files didn’t turn it up in a mod you are running, that just tells me that its ID isn’t “survivor_belt”. Try pulling it from the debug spawn menu, if I remember correctly that lists both ID and name. Then you should be able to track it down.

I have the same problem and I am not running any mods…

Unload it of items. For some reason any item in a pocket stops you using the tools.

1 Like

Holy crap! Then it is a bug indeed, you’re right, when I drop the weapon out of it’s pocket it works fine! I’ll post it to the github!

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/42702