DoubleTech Industries Military Labs : Power Armor

Greeting esteemed representatives of $NATIONAL_MILITARY_FORCE!

DoubleTech Industries are proud to present to you the next big thing in personal armor: Power Armor!

This heavy-duty, fully-covering armor is designed with the individual soldier in mind, providing all the protection they could possibly[sup]1[/sup] need!

While the armor might seem heavy when you put it on, once powered by a standard issue UPS unit, the integrated servo motors will provide full[sup]2[/sup] mobility for over 20 minutes[sup]3[/sup] on a single charge.

A number of these suits, with helmets, have already been shipped to military bases and field offices for you to test and enjoy!

[hr]

[size=6pt]1: Not including unforeseen possibilities.[/size]

[size=6pt]2: Mobility may be somewhat less than full.[/size]

[size=6pt]3: Under ideal testing conditions, field conditions may differ.[/size]

T-51b, is that you? I love T-51b. T-51b forever!

I don’t suppose you can add a Bozar or a Gauss rifle in future updates? :slight_smile:

I WANT A WINTER ADDITION.

[quote=“slydogg9692, post:2, topic:627”]T-51b, is that you? I love T-51b. T-51b forever!

I don’t suppose you can add a Bozar or a Gauss rifle in future updates? :)[/quote]
And last time I checked the T-51b has a power supply that lasts about…a couple hundred/thousand years

[quote=“Jihelu, post:4, topic:627”][quote=“slydogg9692, post:2, topic:627”]T-51b, is that you? I love T-51b. T-51b forever!

I don’t suppose you can add a Bozar or a Gauss rifle in future updates? :)[/quote]
And last time I checked the T-51b has a power supply that lasts about…a couple hundred/thousand years[/quote]

Call this one the prototype/shittier version: T-50b? T-51a? T?

Whatever. My imagination is set. T-51b forever!

It’s not a T-51b.

It’s more like an early T45-d.

[quote=“Williham, post:6, topic:627”]It’s not a T-51b.

It’s more like an early T45-d.[/quote]

Looking up at the lore again, it does match up well with the T-45d.

Still…T-51b forever!

On to another topic: would a slight STR bonus make any sense for this item? Or is armor powered only to the point where the mobility issue (almost) becomes a non-issue?

The basic power armor currently implemented is little more than a prototype or proof-of-concept model.

Further models representing technological advancement will be introduced down the line.

What about stealth armor?

Shit why you remind me of fallout 3, sniff my copy broke.

Also what about self powered suits? Gasoline/Reactor powered ones?

Reactor power source would run off water, since it needs cooling.
Also it would explode if run dry.

Since I love Power Armors so much ([size=12pt]T-51b forever![/size]), I decided to dick around in-game (with a git build updated as of 3/31/2013) and see how Power Armor fares.

After wishing [size=8pt](What? I’m not looting the world just to look for one.)[/size] me the whole set (Basic power armor, basic power armor helmet, and UPS) I rushed headfirst into the first zombie infested area. Here are a few observations.

[ol][li]Unpowered (UPS off), the whole set had an encumbrance of 5. Each part encumbered the parts they were supposed to encumber.[/li]
[li]Powered (UPS on), the whole set had an encumbrance of 1. There was an instance where the encumbrance was 4, but I haven’t yet replicated it. Scratch that, the 4 was caused by not having any volume for item space.[/li]
[li]Very damage resistant. I let myself be surrounded by lots of Zs and I barely got damaged. As in my health bar was unchanged. Ran around craters for fun too. Funny thing happened: once I was surrounded by Zs and a spitter zombie decided to come to the party. As usual I just stood around for a while, the yellow Z just spitting at me now and then. The Zs surrounding me melted away; I was left completely unscathed, save for armor damage.[/li]
[li]Pretty durable. It lasted a 10+ in-game minutes under constant Z assault. It’s kind of weird though, seeing how “fragile” they are considering that they’re power armor, but I guess it’s just me.[/li]
[li]You can’t wear the armor if you have the helmet on first. Possible bug? Addendum: the bug apparently, was that I was able to wear the helmet on first without the armor, which shouldn’t be possible. Wielding the helmet then equipping it equips it even without power armor.[/li][/ol]

Verdict: Very durable, very useful, but not very practical for everyday use due to its reliance on UPS (which eats through batteries like hell) and, since it’s rare enough I think, the lack of repairing options.

As a side note, is it possible to create/is there a search function for the Debug screen? For the purpose of easier cheating debugging/testing I mean.

Add fusion or fission batteries to power them plz.

Also have a repulsion shield upgrade that eats through moar batteries but protects the suit from damage.
[size=4pt]Untill you run out of batteries.[/size]

Already in 0.4 pre-release.
I dunno, but i think that it’s not acting like bullet-proof, because NPC shot my torso from his shotgun for 95 damage. Also he piked it with awl pike, and after five or seven 30-40 damage hits power armor become ‘very damaged’.
Also, it needs to be powered with plutonium cells, really. Maybe some kind of reloading it, I dunno…
How about internal climate control?

[quote=“Atelerd, post:12, topic:627”]Already in 0.4 pre-release.
I dunno, but i think that it’s not acting like bullet-proof, because NPC shot my torso from his shotgun for 95 damage. Also he piked it with awl pike, and after five or seven 30-40 damage hits power armor become ‘very damaged’.
Also, it needs to be powered with plutonium cells, really. Maybe some kind of reloading it, I dunno…
How about internal climate control?[/quote]

There are some limitations to how well armor can work, unfortunately.