Dogs ,and comanding them

IMPORTANT: I know very little of scripting and programing.
IF someone allready posted something like this PLS tell me.

Is it posible to make dogs "[i]NPC[/i]" ,like after you "[b]tamed[/b]" them to be able to chat with them and give them orders[b]?[/b]

IF it is,THEN to balance can make them have hunger or other needs?

(Soory for bad english)
(I sometimes forget to check in on the forums so if i dont respond thats why and i will try my best XD .)

PS:Names for dogs maybe ?

Names for dogs are easily doable - monsters can be named already, so adding “name monster” to pet menu wouldn’t be hard.

Orders not so easily - monsters have rather limited AI at the moment and the only commands that would be easy to implement would be “attack on sight” and “stop attacking everything”

Hunger and other needs - not soon. Monsters don’t regenerate hitpoints. The closest I see would be having dogs get a “feed” option in pet menu, which would then give them a status effect that would grant them regeneration for some time.

TY but at least can someone make the comands be used with out the “dogwiseler”?

OR is it a balance thing?

(SOORY for bad english)

The problem is not balancing or having a menu for it, it’s the fact that monsters (dogs count as monsters) have limited AI that can’t be easily changed to allow useful commands other than “combat modes”. Those “combat modes” could be: don’t attack, attack, hit and run.

ok but is hard (at least for me) to find the dogwiseler.

It would be nice to add like craftable “treats” or something to change the comportament

Stop this, doggy-dog, i said : Stop throwing grenades. It make me laugh so hard, sorry.

Would be nice if you could activate your lupine threshold mutation to get the same effect as a dog whistle, or for it set wolves to neutral and allow you to offer them dog food.

A leash is probably the best for keeping them to a certain radius around you

1. Hold collar: keeps them adjacent. Maybe even have it work off the grab command
  2. Short leash: Lets them roam 4 spaces in any direction
  3. Long leash: Same as above, but 8 spaces.
  4. Loose: No minimum distance.

Also, while I agree that you can’t give them the same commands as humans that’s not to say you can’t train dogs to do certain things. (And again, this should take time IG, you actually teaching the dog to do this)

1. Sic Em’ (Normal attacks as current but grows more effective)
  2. Hunt (Kill and fetch small game but avoid dangerous/hostile foes)
  3. Tackle (Knocks enemies down and has a chance to disarm)

Maybe a certain police or civilian backgrounds/perks could increase the speed and effectiveness of animal training

Lastly all this would benefit from different dog breeds and if they actually grouped into packs over time. Normal zeds would have some trouble dealing with six or eight large dogs, especially if a great dane, mastiff or pitbull’s in the mix. Bonus points for fitting dogs with police harnesses or survivor style armor.

Maybe have the ability to inject them with lupine mutagen to make them particularly hulky.

[quote=“Logrin, post:7, topic:10480”]A leash is probably the best for keeping them to a certain radius around you

1. Hold collar: keeps them adjacent. Maybe even have it work off the grab command
  2. Short leash: Lets them roam 4 spaces in any direction
  3. Long leash: Same as above, but 8 spaces.
  4. Loose: No minimum distance.[/quote]

Hmm. I think about this…

Maybe it could be possible to make a leash as an item.
You activate it when you are on an adjacent tile of the dog.

The dog could be tag as “Tamed dog” and the leash programmed with a function that follow the “Tamed dog” to see it appear with the same tile than heavy stick for example.

To limit dog’s movement, the “Tamed dog” could move in an axis XY according to the position of the player.

For example, the short leash will allow the dog to move in -4/4 X and -4/4Y, always according to the position of the player.

I suppose that’s only mathematic and i guess it’s easy to calculate something like this, but i’m not sure at all.