Does anyone else like to play with classic jombies?

Are you going to github repository at https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA and downloading the source as a zip there? Should be the latest experimental. Do not use the ‘Download Source’ on the main cataclysmdda page since it links to an old version. If you go to the link, you’ll find a button on the right below ‘clone in windows’ called ‘download zip’ and can use that to get the latest experimental. You will know it’s the right one because it’ll be called ‘Cataclysm-DDA-master.zip’

I went ahead and gave what I suggested a shot, since I wanted to see if what I suggested would actually work, and I felt bad about talking out of my ass.

Ignore the first paragraph of that post, I tried using (!OPTIONS[“CLASSIC_ZOMBIES”]) and it didn’t work. If anything I probably saw more special zombies, but that’s probably confirmation bias at work in my head.

Then I tried mfb(OMS_FLAG_CLASSIC) for all locations in overmap.cpp to see if it would make them spawn in classic mode. as far as I can tell, that appears to work, as when I spawned in classic mode I saw a lab not too far from my starting location.

Edit: Exploring said lab, I have noticed only Zombies seem to spawn down there so far. I haven’t noticed any turrets or the like. Additionally, I encountered a slime pit with no slimes. It would probably be safe to conclude that the special zombies and creatures are restricted from spawning in these locations due to game mode, even if the locations do not belong in the mode. while that means you won’t have aliens breaking your game mode, it also means that these locations may be a bit barren. Affecting this will likely require further code changes, but at least you can have labs and the like in your classic mode this way.

[quote=“Raital, post:21, topic:2672”]Are you going to github repository at https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA and downloading the source as a zip there? Should be the latest experimental. Do not use the ‘Download Source’ on the main cataclysmdda page since it links to an old version. If you go to the link, you’ll find a button on the right below ‘clone in windows’ called ‘download zip’ and can use that to get the latest experimental. You will know it’s the right one because it’ll be called ‘Cataclysm-DDA-master.zip’

I went ahead and gave what I suggested a shot, since I wanted to see if what I suggested would actually work, and I felt bad about talking out of my ass.

Ignore the first paragraph of that post, I tried using (!OPTIONS[“CLASSIC_ZOMBIES”]) and it didn’t work. If anything I probably saw more special zombies, but that’s probably confirmation bias at work in my head.

Then I tried mfb(OMS_FLAG_CLASSIC) for all locations in overmap.cpp to see if it would make them spawn in classic mode. as far as I can tell, that appears to work, as when I spawned in classic mode I saw a lab not too far from my starting location.

Edit: Exploring said lab, I have noticed only Zombies seem to spawn down there so far. I haven’t noticed any turrets or the like. Additionally, I encountered a slime pit with no slimes. It would probably be safe to conclude that the special zombies and creatures are restricted from spawning in these locations due to game mode, even if the locations do not belong in the mode. while that means you won’t have aliens breaking your game mode, it also means that these locations may be a bit barren. Affecting this will likely require further code changes, but at least you can have labs and the like in your classic mode this way.[/quote]

Uh, yeah. Critters have a separate check in a separate file. I posted about that a while back–thinking it was the tips thread? not sure. Gimme a few minutes and I’ll see if I can find it.

OK, quite a lot of minutes and I don’t have a positive ID on where the monster-check was. Sorry. Here’s the map effects, in case those help:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2575.msg33582#msg33582

Wow, thanks a ton, I REALLY appreciate it. That just made this game a thousand times more fun for me. Thanks so much!

Yea, this is precisely why labs etc were restricted from spawning in the first place in classic mode.
Ideally we’ll have more interesting content that fits into classic (or whatever other) mode, and each of the modes will be independently playable.