Disassembly More Useful for Tailoring

Maybe fold “cut up fabric” into disassembly, where if you have a knife/scissors in your inventory the option to disassemble clothing into rags would become available. It would be functionally no different from applying a knife/scissors, selecting the clothing etc etc, but would cut a few tedious steps out.

Maybe but I believe they’re looking at making tool quality effect your results.

Trying to cut up a shirt with a sharp combat knife? Good.
Trying to cut up a shirt with a rusty wood cutting axe? Will it’s be cut up but I’m not sure the pieces will be good for much.

Can you cut fabric with an axe? No but it works as a good example.

Or using scissors as compared to a broadsword, which you CAN cut up clothes with.

Brings to mind the interesting thought that your character probably does it by tossing the clothes in the air and hacking them apart samurai-style, however. (With the broadsword, anyway. Doing that with scissors is mildly preposterous)

[quote=“jumjummju, post:3, topic:2114”]Or using scissors as compared to a broadsword, which you CAN cut up clothes with.

Brings to mind the interesting thought that your character probably does it by tossing the clothes in the air and hacking them apart samurai-style, however. (With the broadsword, anyway. Doing that with scissors is mildly preposterous)[/quote]
I dunno about doing that with the broadsword, but that’s the mental image I’m gonna get if I use a katana for that purpose from now on. (Assuming katanas can cut cloth, right? Would seem silly if they didn’t.)