Direct energy supply from accumulators

I’ve always been wondering why it’s impossible to connect a flashlight, for example, to a full storage battery.
I think i don’t need to explain the idea, but here’s suggest: simple one tile & inventory system.

Cable coils are used for connecting things between each other.
Also, in most cases a transformator should be used otherwise a device will be burnt.

So, it should be something like that:
%device% ==(cable)== %transformator% ==(cable)== %accumulator%

It does surprise me there’s no adapters for cigarette lighters in cars, at the least. Why not just make it so the transformer is a vehicle part and simply activating it will allow you attach it to devices adjacent to the transformer.

You could use it to bring electric ranges, refrigerators, and consoles back to life.

There is a battery charger vehicle part that can recharge the batteries of items put in it. The ideas proposed here would be fairly complicated to implement, plus there’s no behavior to account for if they were implemented (ovens, turning consoles back on, etc)

There is a battery charger vehicle part that can recharge the batteries of items put in it. The ideas proposed here would be fairly complicated to implement, plus there's no behavior to account for if they were implemented (ovens, turning consoles back on, etc)

Rechargable mod is almost useless, i never used it a lot. It just doubles amount of max. charge. Battery charger is slow and inefficient as well. The chance of all items to be charged in battery charger is only 10% per turn.
Even common devices are more flexible because their batteries can be changed anytime while that’s not true for rechargable devices.

Any accumulator (storage, trunk, car, motorcycle) contains far more charge than equal amount by volume of batteries could give. Moreover, accumulators are rechargable too. I just don’t get why i can’t use such a good “battery” for common items (of course because of code, but … D: )

plus there's no behavior to account for if they were implemented (ovens, turning consoles back on, etc)
You seem to don't get my thought. I suggest to make that _only_ for [itTool]s.

That’s also not really so complicated.

Hm…
%wire fence%==(cable)==%generator%==%transformator% == (cable) == %light% / %recharger% / %refregetator% / %hotplate% …

Well you could have a cigarette-lighter item in the vehicle, that could be activated to start a fire next to the survivor. And a car-adapter item that would make the item only work when adjacent to a cigarette-lighter component, and drain vehicle electricity. There must be an adjacency script lying around somewhere, so it would be the power transference that would be a pain… And I supose getting the thing to stop working when the vehicle rolls away…

Mustn’t forget that RVs have exterior outlets. As mentioned previously, old appliances are inoperable, but it doesn’t mean they have to stay that way. You should easily be able to some small appliances with the exterior outlet on the RV. Perhaps it’s not as difficult as we would normally presume. The way crafting works currently, you can draw charges from objects that aren’t necessarily adjacent. Certainly it’s not impossible to make corded versions of power tools that simply require a nearby external power socket to function. Simply being within x number of tiles of the outlet allows the corded tools to function and draw charges from the outlet and consequently the storage batteries in the vehicle. Skilled players could disassemble corded or battery operated tools and swap them back and forth between functionality. I don’t feel like there needs to actually be infrastructure for cords as tiles when we can simply abstract the existence of the cords. Perhaps having a nearby extension cord or having tools themselves modded with extension cords can make them be considered powered from further away.

I’m not certain the extent of which items could be modded, but eventually we should get more versatility out of cellphones, laptops, and the like by being able to modify them with their own charging devices. For instance, cell-phones, laptops and PDAs could be modified with expanded batteries and power adapters so they can interface with an external outlet. The same could apply for specialized devices for interfacing with other systems like cellphone towers, radio towers, vending machines, drone-vehicles, in the future.

As for the cigarette lighter, it should be an object that is placed in the same area as the cigarette lighter port. When picked up, it can be used as a fire source for only a couple of turns. You would be hard pressed to start a real fire with it without some sort of tinder.