Different Professions?

Hi, so I recently downloaded 0.8 and am running it on Mac 10.6.8 and Windows 8. There seems to be several different/new professions available on the Mac one, and not the PC one? Examples include “Football Player”, “Golfer”, “Back-Alley Brawler”, “Used Car Salesman”, etc.

What’s up with this???

Uh… All of these are in pc version and I would assume in the mac version.

Are you sure you’re having the same version of Cataclysm in your Mac and PC? These professions may not be present in older versions.

Well he is playing 0.8

We don’t know for sure that “0.8” is stable 0.8 or experimental 0.8 (rename to 0.9 RC recently but the zip file still named 0.8).

Must be 0.8 stable, since I have no idea where he could have gotten a 0.8 experimental.

Yeah, where you downloaded your two different versions of the game and what exact versions they are kinda matters significantly (the game is on a very fast development cycle, so it’s very easy for things to change rapidly in the experimentals over the course of a few days.

(by the way, I be a “she”)

Well, now I’m pretty sure that although both versions say 0.8 on the menu screen, I must have just accidentally installed an older version onto the computer my boyfriend plays on. Fail! Thanks for the replies, etc. Wish us luck!

OH MAH GOD IT’S ANOTHER GIRL

GET RIVET DOWN HERE SHE NEEDS A FRIEND IN THIS SAUSAGE FEST

[size=2pt]I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I mean…[/size]

Lulz, I’m not worried. People are pretty chill on here, hopefully…

A/S/L???

Yeah, the Halloween build had those professions (and a few others, too). Not sure what 0.8 “stable” had.

Glad you’ve got a Mac version, at least. We always have trouble getting those kept updated. (None of the devs has a Mac.)

And welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

We’ll we’ve got a mac, the problem more lies in the fact that none of us have experience developing on a mac. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all good :slight_smile: I’m sure the new 0.9 Ma stable will work, plus the Windows tiles version of that works in Wineskin on my computer. Thanks for the welcome and help!

I find the best results come from the daily builds, when they’re not busy being broken :slight_smile: