Difference between Linux and Windows builds?

So I have a laptop running Ubuntu, and my desktop runs Windows 10. I have a copy of the game for both computers, but the Linux one has an action menu that opens when you press Enter, a minimap, and the options menu on the home screen has a secondary menu that takes you to Options, Colors, Keybinds, and one other thing I can’t remember. Whereas the Windows build has none of these things. I find the Linux version far more playable, how do I get the Windows equivalent of that build.

Extra Note: When I open the windows build the bar at the top of the wind says: “Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C”
and the Linux build says: “Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C-30766-g1638a38”
For both builds it says the same on the main menu.

Edit: The linux build also starts in the right resolution without looking tiny or anything

Are you using the launcher to get the latest Windows versions? It makes sure you stay up to date as painlessly as possible (which is nice as game receives several updates per day).

There shouldn’t be any gameplay differences between Windows and Linux versions.

1 Like

Basically the difference between Linux and Windows builds is what OS it runs on, and how it looks for files. I don’t believe there is any other difference. It sounds to me like you have the stable version for Windows and experimental version for Linux.

1 Like

No, I wasn’t aware there was one. Thank you!

You are using outdated stable version on Windows. Download experimental one.