Desert map

So I just discovered that there is a worldgen mode for desert test maps.

So far, I’ve found no heavy sticks. Can’t make skewers. Tanning is hard too, although I should be able to find some hops at a farm or liquor store.
Do heavy sticks spawn at all on the desert map, or will I need to go without skewers?

Desert was a prototype AtomicDryad put together shortly before she left. :frowning:

You can smash windows for heavy sticks. And perhaps disassemble some other stuff; but mainly, smash all the windows.

But, more importantly, how did you even got the setting to work?

VANDAL! May NPCs climb in and take all your stuff! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:8248”]You can smash windows for heavy sticks. And perhaps disassemble some other stuff; but mainly, smash all the windows.

But, more importantly, how did you even got the setting to work?[/quote]That’s what I would like to know, last few experimentals there wasn’t even the options to select that terrain type. Or any other except default.

Is this in the latest experimentals? I have been looking forward to this option!

It is and has been for a while, but nobody’s paid attention to it, so use at your own risk.

It was disabled in recent experimentals.

There are tiny bits of forests on desert maps, just checked.

It was disabled in recent experimentals.

There are tiny bits of forests on desert maps, just checked.[/quote]

they mostly spawn when npc give quest to kill jabberwock

i played on desert long time ago its even easier than in normal terrain scout+binoculars+any vehicle and you scout reay big amout of world in short time due to lack of forest and every stuff what you need is in towns

I am using version 0.B.

I was surprised as well, to see another option for mapgen except default. Never saw it before.
I changed to playing normal map now though. It kinda looked like the only change was removing the tree biome. I might not have stuck to the desert map long enough to find more changes though.

If you go far enough on a desert map you run out of desert. I played a character there named Road Warrior…built a wrecking car and scavenged all the tiny towns. It’s kind of nice in that driving is much safer because if you see patches of grass and dirt you just avoid them. Why? Because that’s where the landmines are.

0.B
I do occasionally get the option to create desert maps, although it’s oddly not there consistently and I haven’t really looked into why since it seems somewhat unimportant given that the option is disabled in the experimentals. Same thing did happen during 0.A and its experimentals too.