Dead bodys in bushes

I just think it would be kinda neat in finding dead people in bushes and such singularly and kinda rare, some survivor or such getting dragged off by a cougar or some such and partially eaten / skeletalized…

also Triffid forests, forests controlled by triffids and perhaphs you cannot see triffids when they are in bushes or undergrowth… and certain trees in the forest act like guards, dangerous treeyey guards… and the underbrush and saplings take longer for it itself is a bit grabby on intruders and they alert nearby triffids.

[quote=“Catfoodbob, post:1, topic:7162”]I just think it would be kinda neat in finding dead people in bushes and such singularly and kinda rare, some survivor or such getting dragged off by a cougar or some such and partially eaten / skeletalized…

also Triffid forests, forests controlled by triffids and perhaphs you cannot see triffids when they are in bushes or undergrowth… and certain trees in the forest act like guards, dangerous treeyey guards… and the underbrush and saplings take longer for it itself is a bit grabby on intruders and they alert nearby triffids.[/quote]
Triffid queens can already no sell a 20 ton death machine travelling at mach 1. They don’t need to be buffed in any way at all.

Well i never saw trifids as more then walking veggies (food) buffing them somehow might be due … however i can t yet think of a way to achieve this satisfyingly.
Your suggestion makes em steathy i guess? so entering a forest can be dangerous… well then again you can see on the map if theres a triffid crove nearby so you know when to be cautious.

+1 to finding dead bodies when searching bushes

There already is a semi-invisible breed of triffids.

I like the idea of finding dead bodies just strewn about a bit, or even worse, a cemetery which is completely and utterly always filled to the brim with zombies.

For Triffids, I did find myself wondering why their weren’t treants or whatever you want to call em. I guess in a way it makes forests “safe”, but at the same time, I want to have a pants crapping moment when I’m running/driving and the forest starts chasing me. Rampant pyromania would be a useful strategy in this case.

Oh God, a cemetery, why don’t we have those yet?

I will start working on that right now. Even with the occasional funny tombstone inscription, just like in the olden days with Sacred.

A cemetery should just exclusively have decayed zombies and maybe a zombie necromancer or too right?
Since the bodies are sealed in coffins, wouldn’t they be excluded from the apocalypse though?

I believe the cemetery deserves a new thread of discussion.

Well a cemetry filled with z doesn t make sense… unless its the dead atendents of a funeral as long dead people previously uninfected do not ressurect (even if infected post mortem) thats not how the cataclysm zombies work…

Cemeteries would actually be comparatively safe from DDA!zeds, I’d think. Lots of metal fences and fireproof stone buildings.

Buried corpses are sealed in their coffins or cremated and in the urns, so the goo isn’t likely to get at them. More to the point, since you need goo in you before you die in order to get rezzed, if it hasn’t already climbed out of the grave, it ain’t gonna.

[quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:7162”]Cemeteries would actually be comparatively safe from DDA!zeds, I’d think. Lots of metal fences and fireproof stone buildings.

Buried corpses are sealed in their coffins or cremated and in the urns, so the goo isn’t likely to get at them. More to the point, since you need goo in you before you die in order to get rezzed, if it hasn’t already climbed out of the grave, it ain’t gonna.[/quote]

Cemeteries confirmed for the last bastion of human civilization?

how ironic that a “safe” place in the cataclysm is the cemetery.
i like it!

Finally a good place to get shovels and withered plants!