Creating Music for CDDA

Greetings all!!
I have a few questions in concern with creating music for CDDA

1. Are there any things that I need to consider such as file size, bit/sample rate. file format etc.
  2. I also noticed in ChestHole’s sound pack, there were separate folders for specific themes. Is there a particular reason for this.
  3. What are my options in triggering certain tracks for specific scenarios? For example, could I set up music to play when a zombie is in the player’s view (I’m guessing that this is what the “Danger” music is for) and can I change the music once the player has been spotted? also things such as day and night time and maybe even seasonal music.

我不是游戏开发者或者制作参与者,但对于音乐这件事我有一些自己的看法
第一和第二个问题我无法为您解答,第三个问题:你没有选择,无法设置,这是程序写好的随机但不连续播放。地址为Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/data/sound/(音乐包)。有能力可以将民间和官方的多种包体混合,需要敲代码!
我不建议玩家可以随时切换BGM这个功能出现,容易让世界看起来更主动而失真。但其实可以出唱片或者营地/基地特殊而又温馨的音乐让玩家放松片刻,睡觉也可以!如果没法做到视觉盛宴最少也要高自由度和听觉享受,因此CDDA的开发之路还远远没有止步。
ps:可以建筑的东西少了,对于这类喜爱自定义营地的人们来说可能很恼火。
希望我的回答可以帮到你!

Really bad translation on my part

Thank you for the feedback. I noted that ChestHole’s soundpack changes music based on the danger level so I figured that there would be more options like that.

1 Like

是的,僵尸越多音乐会更加的“疯狂”和“快节奏”,让玩家投入到战斗中或者想办法…逃跑!
对于翻译,很抱歉,我会尽力用能够读懂的文字来向你呈现!