Crash when loading a 0.A save transferred to stable 0.B

So I just downloaded the new stable version O.B today (11/17/14), and it seems that the save I have transferred to my O.B refuses to load and instead comes up with some debug error messages, even if I manage to press the space bar to continue, there are a few more debug error messages I can spacebar through until the game simply crashes.

I will include a few images of the first debug error message and then some of the other ones which all seem to be pretty much the same.

http://puu.sh/cVeCJ/6f9a44cfdb.png

http://puu.sh/cVeDB/d2263ef011.png

http://puu.sh/cVeEU/9a9851cfd6.png

Well, for the first one, you either need to get rid of that artifact or transfer the ‘artifacts’ file with your character file.

Well I did delete that specific artifact from the artifacts .gsav file, still had an error for a -Different- artifact and also I have my character with his world included in the save.

Well I did delete that specific artifact from the artifacts .gsav file, still had an error for a -Different- artifact and also I have my character with his world included in the save.[/quote]

Artifacts are a numbered list, so messing with the list is likely to be fragile. As for the maps, I’m not sure what’s going on there and would defer to Kevin as he’s the one who wrote our current map-handling system.

Well I did delete that specific artifact from the artifacts .gsav file, still had an error for a -Different- artifact and also I have my character with his world included in the save.[/quote]

Artifacts are a numbered list, so messing with the list is likely to be fragile. As for the maps, I’m not sure what’s going on there and would defer to Kevin as he’s the one who wrote our current map-handling system.[/quote]

Eh I guess I’ll wait and see if he stops by here, after all he probably would be checking the bug reports section since O.B just came onto stable.

First question is did you copy the entire world folder? There are instructions floating around for moving a player to a new world or trimming out some of the save data, but it’s not really supported.

Funny, when I update, I just overwrite the cata folder rather than copy any folders to a new version. I haven’t had game crashes in a long while.

Overwriting can be dangerous though, since if we’ve renamed any files (say splitting a JSON file into two separate files) then it’s going to break horribly.

Yes I just copied the entire world folder that is found in the save folder of my O.A into the save folder of O.B. And I do want my base, character, and my car included so I would have to figure out how to trim everything else out of the world if possible or required.

Oh shit, good point.
I think I started overwriting some time after the bulk of things got jsonized and I lucked out. Before then, I’d been destroying my whole cata folder and reinstalling everything. I would wipe my worlds in the process, I am not very attached to them.

Now I know to continue not being attached and probably go back to that start-over method should I encounter problems!