Crash Ver.0.C-17061 B.5303 - Steadying aim in the Dark

I typically do not experience any crashes where Cataclysm abruptly stops working and crashes immediately then shuts down suddenly, but on two separate worlds and three different occasions i’ve noticed this issue.

Under all three circumstances while pressing . to steady my aim at a Shocker Zombie in the dark my game suddenly crashes without warning. this is the only series of events which has been unanimously similar to one another which has resulted in a crash. There has been no other actions or stimuli I can think of or add to at this time, but I find it very unusual that this is occurring specifically during these series of events.

If more information is surely required, I’ll provide what I can if specifics are needed. Not sure what exactly you would need exactly, as I would have stated otherwise.

“Aiming at shocker in the darkness” should be enough.
Extra info could be: if there were any other targets in range, if they were hostile, if any of them was a NPC.

I’ll report on github. There was a relatively recent change to aiming code and author of it doesn’t browse forums.

Game also crashes if you attempt to aim “.” at “nothing (with no targets at all within the same chunk of map)” or a friendly follower NPC (17057)

probably related…

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:12286”]“Aiming at shocker in the darkness” should be enough.
Extra info could be: if there were any other targets in range, if they were hostile, if any of them was a NPC.

I’ll report on github. There was a relatively recent change to aiming code and author of it doesn’t browse forums.[/quote]

I couldn’t tell you if there were other targets unfortunately, at least nothing was within the glow of the Shocker that I could see.
First instance I was using a Crossbow, second and third instance was using a Remington Shotgun, so its probably not related to a single weapon bug.

I had NPC’s disabled in both worlds so I can’t comment either on Xfin’s issue, it seems to be strictly related to steadying the aim.

I’m also not sure if it’s related to specifically targeting entities, but when grinding Marksmanship by shooting my .22 pistol at some chairs and cans, I fired well over 300+ rounds without a single issue. This was done underground in a basement while using a flashlight to see, so the light level was very bright.

Thats about all I could offer further I’m afraid.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/17840 Here is the report btw guys. So you can keep up to date if there any fixes.