[Crafting] Custom Names/Descriptions

[size=8pt]I briefly mentioned this in a different suggestion thread but figured I would offer it up to a post of its own. The ability to give crafted items you make in the game a custom name and description. I thought it would be interesting to add this via in game since you crafted the item, why not be able to call it whatever you would like? Much simpler than editing the JSON file just to make a duplicate item but with a different name/description. Simple enough idea though I have no idea how difficult it would be coding wise. I searched the forum for an idea like this already yet found nothing similar though I could have easily over looked it. If that is the case, feel free to remove this thread.[/size]

I LIKE IT

You know, you could engrave names on a weapon with a sharp object. Close enough, right?

Would you like to name steel frame? (n)
Would you like to name flashlight (off)? (n)
Commit suicide? (y)
Last words? “Nope”

[quote=“Cherry, post:4, topic:4376”]Would you like to name steel frame? (n)
Commit suicide? (y)
Last words? “Nope”[/quote]

[size=8pt]Haha, I should have been a little more specific. I was mostly talking about armor and weapons and the like. Or have an option where you can flag what items will pop up to let you name it.[/size]

I was just joking around :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m disinterested towards this suggestion though.
Too busy re-lettering my items cuz they change all the time.

“Your CHOP-CHOP SOARD gets stuck in the zombie, but you yoink it free!”