Crafting aluminium tongs

So I want a FOODCO kitchen buddy, which means I need a Hand Press + Die, which apparently means I need aluminum tongs. I have 6 aluminum ingots, but I guess I don’t have the recipe? Which seems odd as I have Fabrication 7. They are craftable, right? The information I can find seems a bit confusing / out of date.

Where are you getting your information from? I can’t find a recipe for the foodco kitchen buddy or the hand press and die and as far as I can tell aluminum tongs don’t exist anymore. I’m using a search program to look through the .json files in Build 9576. This is the only recipe I could find for tongs:

{
“type”: “recipe”,
“result”: “tongs”,
“category”: “CC_OTHER”,
“subcategory”: “CSC_OTHER_TOOLS”,
“skill_used”: “fabrication”,
“difficulty”: 3,
“time”: “30 m”,
“autolearn”: true,
“qualities”: [ { “id”: “ANVIL”, “level”: 3 }, { “id”: “HAMMER”, “level”: 2 } ],
“tools”: [ [ [ “forge”, 150 ], [ “oxy_torch”, 30 ] ] ],
“components”: [ [ [ “steel_lump”, 1 ], [ “steel_chunk”, 4 ], [ “scrap”, 12 ], [ “pipe”, 3 ] ] ]
},

edit: Ok found the press recipe, doesn’t need aluminum tongs specifically, just tongs in general.

{
“type”: “recipe”,
“result”: “press”,
“category”: “CC_OTHER”,
“subcategory”: “CSC_OTHER_TOOLS”,
“skill_used”: “fabrication”,
“skills_required”: [ “gun”, 2 ],
“difficulty”: 5,
“time”: “45 m”,
“book_learn”: [ [ “manual_shotgun”, 2 ], [ “manual_rifle”, 2 ], [ “manual_smg”, 2 ], [ “manual_pistol”, 3 ], [ “recipe_bullets”, 2 ] ],
“qualities”: [ { “id”: “ANVIL”, “level”: 3 }, { “id”: “HAMMER”, “level”: 3 } ],
“tools”: [ [ [ “tongs”, -1 ] ], [ [ “swage”, -1 ] ], [ [ “forge”, 50 ], [ “oxy_torch”, 10 ] ] ],
“components”: [ [ [ “scrap”, 6 ] ], [ [ “element”, 2 ], [ “hotplate”, 1 ] ], [ [ “cable”, 2 ] ] ]
},

1 Like

Mostly from old wiki pages and forum posts. I said

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I have all the components so it must be the books I’m missing. :confused:

Using steel tongs with gunpowder is pretty brave though.

1 Like

Using http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com for my infos, set to search the experimental.

The FoodCo Kitchen Buddy:
Primary skill used: fabrication(4)
Required skills: electronics(3)
Time to complete: 60 minutes
Tools required:
1 tool with hammering quality of 2
1 tool with metal sawing quality of 1
1 tool with bolt turning quality of 1
1 tool with glare protection quality of 2
welder (100 charges) OR makeshift welder (150 charges) OR integrated toolset (150 charges) OR acetylene torch (20 charges)
Components required:
1x steel frame
1x vacuum sealer OR 1x makeshift vacuum sealer
1x food dehydrator
1x water purifier
1x food processor
1x hand press & die set
5x copper wire
Byproducts:
(none)

This recipe can be found in the following books when fabrication is at least the required level:
DIY Compendium (level 3)
101 Crafts for Beginners (level 3)
What’s a Transistor? (level 3)
Under the Hood (level 3)

So there’s that. The Hand press & die set doesn’t need Aluminium Tongs, Malkeus is right there:

Hand press & Die Set:
Primary skill used: fabrication(5)
Required skills: gun(2)
Time to complete: 45 minutes
Tools required:
1 tool with anvil quality of 3
1 tool with hammering quality of 3
pair of metal tongs
swage and die set
electric forge (50 charges) OR acetylene torch (10 charges) OR charcoal forge (50 charges)
Components required:
6x scrap metal
2x heating element OR 1x hotplate
2x copper wire
Byproducts:
(none)

This recipe can be found in the following books when fabrication is at least the required level:
Shotguns: The art and science (level 2)
FM 23-16 Army marksmanship manual (level 2)
The Submachine Gun Handbook (level 2)
The Tao of the Handgun (level 3)
The Handloader’s Helper (level 2)

Hope this helped. From what it looks like you don’t >use< the steel tongs for use in the Set, you just need it to handle the components, which are most likely pretty hot, thanks to the Welder. :wink: Makes sense, since a hand press & die set usually doesn’t need a tong of any kind…?

2 Likes