Construction Sites

I think construction sites would be a good idea. They can be surrounded by chainlink fences and chainlink gates. They can have different tools and items like nails, hammers, jackhammers etc.

Any thoughts on this?

So basically an open hardware store with chainlink fence that would be empty after one rain?

Maybe have a randomized selection of a foundation with walls, partial foundation, or nothing built there.
But acid rain would be a problem, most tools would erode after one rain.

Well I was also thinking (note I have never been at a construction site.) that they might have a place where the store the tools when they leave. Also it would be pretty cool if you could find half constructed mansions, hospitals, and megastores.

So like a new Gazebo structure?
I think you might also find trucks there, seeing as how they need transportation.

Perhaps the tools would be in those big shipping containers. You would need a crowbar or something to open them up to get to what’s inside.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:107”]So like a new Gazebo structure?
I think you might also find trucks there, seeing as how they need transportation.[/quote]

Yeah I think maybe a 1/5 chance of finding a truck.

Containers have padlocks right? Maybe another use for boltcutters? If not a crowbar would work I suppose.

A shipping container sounds like an awesome zombie survival shelter… In cata anyway. In reality you would need a second exit.