Constructed stairs weirdness

I mean, sometimes i end with normal connection (aka if i build 2 stairs separated by 4 spaces, the left one above leads to the left one below etc) but sometimes its outright weird, with both stairs above leading to the one below, or when i build second one three spaces away the stairs on the level below appear 20 spaces away…

Its weird.

There is no connect between lower and upper stairs. When taking stairs, the game just looks on the level above/below for stairs and then sends you to whichever set of stairs it finds. It’s going to be a pretty big issue with z levels.

Ah, yes, now i remember that it simply teleports you. Any way i can crudely temporarily fix it using debug mode?

(the stairs down are at 69,71. When i go down the coords are 69,83. When i move one tile and back, it shows 69, 71.

Edit/ Okay, the coord system is even more weird, changing coordinates on the fly (i am talking about debug mode terrain editor)

[quote=“Maur, post:3, topic:8329”]Ah, yes, now i remember that it simply teleports you. Any way i can crudely temporarily fix it using debug mode?

(the stairs down are at 69,71. When i go down the coords are 69,83. When i move one tile and back, it shows 69, 71.

Edit/ Okay, the coord system is even more weird, changing coordinates on the fly (i am talking about debug mode terrain editor)[/quote]

Stair co-author here. Known issue, workaround is not to create more than one stair-down per map tile (so one downstair per house). If you wanna make a bigger stairway for looks (as with the start/evac shelter), that’s great, but multiple separate ones will disappoint you.

As vache said, yeah, major issue with the z-level conversion.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep these limitations in mind when designing rest of my base.