Constant sickness, hallucinations, and sleep

Every since I started playing .8 and the recent experimental builds my characters always seem to end up constantly sick, often time hallucinate, and always seem tired. I am not picking the schizophrenic trait. I get messages like “you feel a little strange” “the world takes on a dreamlike quality” or something feels very, very wrong."

My first .8 character i remember at one was constantly hungry and thirsty and literally needed to sleep for days, even though I had all the food & water he could possibly need and a safe place to sleep.

Anyone else having problems with this?
he only explanation I can think is my common cold is causes this, or the fact my recent characters end up as drunks.

Is your head overheating? That could cause those effects.

Sounds like Pink Tablets, the “Something Feels very, very wrong” line always makes me laugh when I’m using them…

Shouldn’t be, I have had this happen to 3 of my characters so for in .8 and 2 of the recent the experimental builds , I think its the alcohol and/or cold because this never happened to any of my characters before .8 and I never really had my characters get sick and be alcoholics .

Alcohol withdrawal could do the hallucination IIRC.

As for the sickness drug withdrawal is currently bugged to cause massive sickness. To fix this wait until your drug withdrawal is done/unbearable and turn on debug messages (~). Walk around for a while until it gives you a “health: XX” message. Take that number, divide it by 100, and debug yourself that many flu shots. Take them all and the game should go on like normal.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:5, topic:3491”]Alcohol withdrawal could do the hallucination IIRC.

As for the sickness drug withdrawal is currently bugged to cause massive sickness. To fix this wait until your drug withdrawal is done/unbearable and turn on debug messages (~). Walk around for a while until it gives you a “health: XX” message. Take that number, divide it by 100, and debug yourself that many flu shots. Take them all and the game should go on like normal.[/quote]

Mutigen and Junk-food also seem to cause sickness… Though now I’ve started taking a pair of flu-shots after I’ve finished tweaking my mutations to my liking. XD

[quote=“i2amroy, post:5, topic:3491”]Alcohol withdrawal could do the hallucination IIRC.

As for the sickness drug withdrawal is currently bugged to cause massive sickness. To fix this wait until your drug withdrawal is done/unbearable and turn on debug messages (~). Walk around for a while until it gives you a “health: XX” message. Take that number, divide it by 100, and debug yourself that many flu shots. Take them all and the game should go on like normal.[/quote]
Thanks now that I think about it it only really happens when I spend a day just reading books nonstop since I wait until alcohol withdraw stops me from reading before I take another drink.

IIRC craving messages have been removed in the experimental.

Well yeah, but unless you are pigging out/ living on them they shouldn’t have too much of an effect. The problem with withdrawal is that it currently will drop you down into the -800 or lower range for you health stat, which makes a guaranteed sickness happen.